nine | courting the senior

It has been days after Mingyu's sudden confession to his senior director. He was very determined to give Wonwoo all the time to think and to be himself truly, as he helps him sometimes in discreet—like the sandwich.

Although he was happy to finally let out what he really feels, he's still scared of the fact that he may not accept Wonwoo's rejection.

Mingyu believes that most of the people who are afraid to confess their love are the ones who don't want to be rejected—though, they may be people too who are contented by just loving the other from afar—and he believes that he is one of those who doesn't want to be rejected.

From what he knows, he doesn't find any people attractive, neither male nor female, which is why he was amused for finding out which gender he is attracted to—amused, and proud. Especially it was him, Wonwoo.

But the bad news about it, Mingyu doesn't know how is Wonwoo going to find out what he is after their conversation that night, which leads him to worry even more. The anxiety of rejection has been bothering him.

Wonwoo, on the other hand, still can't get over the exact words they've said to each other even after a few days. The moment was still fresh in his mind.

"Won, I think your phone pinged,"

While he was organizing the folder he will bring with him outside, Wonwoo's clouded thoughts were cleared when Mingyu from across the room had spoken as he stands up from his chair, also heading out of the office.

Wonwoo did not respond, but he fished his phone from his pocket on their way out.

In sync with his widened eyes, his lips parted after reading the text message.

---

[iMessage]
Jeon Wonwoo, Kim Mingyu

10:01 AM

Mingyu
I want to hold your hand again :(

---

"I see, the text is really creepy," Wonwoo softly laughed, mocking Mingyu who is trying to be upset by his response while containing his laughter.

---

"Hi, Wonwoo,"

When Wonwoo and Mingyu arrived at the other room for Hong Jisoo's second session of his shoot, Wonwoo noticed the casualty in his voice, when he's usually the formal gentleman around him at work.

"What's wrong," Wonwoo said, almost in a whisper. Mingyu glanced at him with worry.

"I have to tell you something regarding this project," The man says.

Mingyu stood up from his seat, "Excuse me, I forgot the laptop," He excused before walking out of the room, leaving Wonwoo and Jisoo alone.

---

After being friends with Nam Yu-ri, Mingyu finally knew all of Wonwoo's friends, and that includes the soloist, Hong Jisoo.

He knew that there was something off the moment that the singer only greeted Wonwoo, and by his first name, considering that he is more of a guy who uses the titles, calling them Directors before their surname.

Gyu just brushed it off knowing that it's none of his business. He decided to wait a few steps away from the room where they are in, leaning on the wall.

"Wonwoo," Mingyu mouthed, alarmed the moment the door was opened, revealing Wonwoo who did not hear him, and is walking the other way hastily.

He was just about to follow him, but stopped when Jisoo came out too, following Wonwoo.

"Wonu!"