fourteen | best friend wonwoo

The night was peaceful. Too quiet that both of them could hear each other's heartbeat.

After days of being so damned, Wonwoo felt free and happy for once, and Mingyu was the reason why.

The fact that Mingyu is very determined to win him makes his heart flutter, and slowly, he finally realized that what he feels towards Mingyu is no longer platonic.

He thought, maybe tonight's finally the time to reciprocate his feelings.

Even though he knows that Mingyu likes him, he still feels nervous, causing him to give more silence between them as he composes himself.

But when he was finally ready to speak, his phone rang all of a sudden.

It was Yu-ri. Wonwoo mentally groaned, knowing that he has to excuse himself again and leave Mingyu, and the fact that he did not tell his feelings annoyed him even more.

---

"You're annoying, Yu-ri. You ruined my night," Wonwoo forcibly puts his messenger bag on her couch.

"I... I didn't know," Yu-ri looked guilty and scared.

Wonwoo noticed it, "Why?"

"...Sorry, but... I was planning to prank you. I didn't know you have something to do," She bit her lower lip out of upsettingness.

Wonwoo sighed, tired after spending an hour just to get to her place.

"It's okay," he hesitantly said. "How have you been?"

Yu-ri gives a small smile, teary-eyed. "Wonwoo-ya..."

"Hm?"

"Shua confessed," She shyly smiled. "I'm happy,"

Wonwoo nodded and shifted his gaze from her. "Well, are you together now?" He says, sounding sick about it.

"Nope! I want him to suffer for three years," Yu-ri chuckled.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "I don't wanna get involved,"

"I was kidding! We're not yet together, but the feelings are mutual. Finally," Yu-ri replied joyfully.

Although he is happy that she's finally happy, Wonwoo was too tired to celebrate with his best friend's drama, so he just ignored her and lay down on the couch.

"Are you not gonna sleep in my room?" Yu-ri asked him.

"I'll sleep here tonight, you haven't changed your sheets, just give me a blanket," He answered, drowsy.

The funny thing about Wonwoo is he doesn't 'baby' his friend like other male friends do. If she asked him to come by because she needs advice or is sad, Wonwoo will sleep in her room, while Yu-ri will sleep on the couch outside. He believes that she wouldn't die just by sleeping on the couch for one night.

Though, he did sleep on the couch when Yu-ri has been crying over Jisoo for days. He slept on the couch while Yu-ri was on the floor.

Well—he did wake her up so she could sleep in her room, even pulled her up, but she didn't want to.

Even when he doesn't look like that he gives a damn about her, he cares.

That's what's annoying him. He cares so much that he left Mingyu for her earlier just to find out she was planning to prank him.