Chapter 18: Smooth

There I was, as I was in fact in the huddle with my team, all at the exact same time too, at that. As I saw that it was that every ones eyes were in fact on me. It felt nice to be in the huddle with the team for the first time in who knows how long at this point, all at the exact same time too.
As I knew that it had been nearly 2 years since it was that I had got to do as such a thing like that. That was the good part as to just what it was that was going on of course. As there was also a not so good part as to just what it was that was going on right now, all at the exact same time too.
That was of course the fact that I knew as to just why it was that every one did in fact just so happen to have had their eyes on me, all at the exact same time too, at that. As that was of course due to the fact that it was, all at the exact same time too. That there did in fact just so happen to have been due to the fact that it was.
I was no longer a receiver, as I knew that I was now the quarterback for our team, at that. Meaning that it was that I did in fact need to call the plays, at that, never the less. Which I was always good at play calls for defense, as well as reading defenses.
But I was never actually all that good at the fact that it was that I should call plays for our team, all at the exact same time too, at that. As I knew that it was that I only knew the routes to run, as I did not ever really pay much attention to the quarterback, at that.
I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self as calm, and as normal as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too. As I then did in fact open up the play call sheet that was in fact on my arm, all at the exact same time too. As I just then did in fact also begin to start to suddenly begin to speak on over to the rest of my team mates, at that.
I knew that I needed to start with some thing soft. As I was not all too sure as to just how much it was that I was ready to go right on ahead. And begin to start to suddenly get ready to throw the ball, never the less. As I had already tried some warm ups. But that was a lot different than even a simple scrimmage was, all at the exact same time too, at that.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have began to start to wake my self up, all at the exact same time too, all at once, at that. That was when I just then did in fact begin to start to focus on the reality as to just what it was that was going on right now. As I knew that in a real game, I would not have as much time as it was that I was in fact taking right now.
As I just then did in fact just seem to have started to go right on ahead, all at the exact same time too, all at once, at that. And I just then did in fact just seem to have started to look on over towards Denzel, all at once. As I just then did in fact just seem to start to nod on over to him. As I let him know that it was that I was about to mainly speak to him, all at once.
As soon as it was that Denzel had in fact just seemed to have seemed to have seen me nod right on over towards him, all at once. That was when I just then did in fact begin to start to see him nod right back on over towards me. As it was clear that it was, all at the exact same time too. That he was in fact paying his full attention on to just what it was that I did in fact feel like I even needed to say on over towards him, all at once.
As soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have started to notice that it was in fact the case, all at the exact same time too. That was when I just then did in fact begin to start to continue to speak on over towards the entire team, all at once. As I knew that they all were in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what ever it was that I did in fact feel like I even needed to say to them all, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
"Alright... Let's start this simple... We are going to do a halfback draw 2..." I said on over towards all of them, all at the exact same time too. As I saw that all of them did in fact just seem to have their eyes wide, as to just what it was that I had in fact just said on over towards them, never the less.
As just as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have realized as to just why it was in fact the case. I then began to start to realize that they were all surprised, as to just what it was that I had said. As it was clearly not a play that was run all too much for our team, what so ever, at that.
As I kind of hoped that it was that the same thing would be said for the defense, as I hoped to throw them off a little bit, all at the exact same time too, all at once. I kind of just seemed to nod towards the entire team, all at the exact same time too, all at once. As in the end, I just then did in fact just seem to have started to see them all nod right back on over to me, at that.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have started to see as to the fact that it was in fact the case, all at the exact same time too. That was when the entire offense did in fact just seem to have started to go right on ahead, all at once, at that. And I just then did in fact just seem to start to see that it was that we did in fact seem to start to go as to just where it was that the line of scrimmage was at, at that.
As the Center for our team did in fact get his hands on the ball, all at the exact same time too. But that was not at all as to just what it was that I did in fact have my mind, and my focus on to just what it was that was in fact even going on right now, at that. As I just did in fact in stead, seem to have had my focus on the fact that it was.
That there just so happened to be a bunch of dudes on the edges of the line, all at the exact same time too. As it was clear to me that it was going to be an out side blitz, all at the exact same time too, at that. As it meant that it was that this play had potential to be a big one, all at the exact same time too, all at once, at that.
And just based off of how it was that the defense and the offense was in fact lined up right now. It was clear to me that they did not have a single clue as to just what it was that was about to happen, at that. I kind of had a little bit of a smirk on my face, just as soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have realized as to the fact that it was in fact the case, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of felt like this was going to be great, all at the exact same time too. So long as it was that the center did not snap the ball over my head like it was that I had seen him do a few times this year already, at that. As I kind of felt like I would feel a lot more safe if it was that I had a better Center.
Though, I knew that I had to live with just what it was that I had, as I got my mind and my focus off of all of that, all at once. As I just then did in fact begin to start to get my focus on the fact that it was that Peter. As he was the middle linebacker for the team, all at the exact same time too. Was now beginning to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have started to realize that it was in fact the case, all at once. That was when I just then did in fact begin to start to get my eyes, and my focus on the fact that it was that I was in fact staring back at him. As I was in fact clearly paying my full attention on to just what ever it was that he did in fact feel like he even needed to say on over towards me just now.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have begun to start to do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well. That was when I just then did in fact just seem to start to continue to listen as to just what it was that he did in fact feel like he even needed to say to me just now. As it was that he did in fact just seem to start to continue to speak to me, at that.
"You ready Grant! I don't think you know what's coming!" He said to me, all at the exact same time too, all at once, at that. As I kind of could not help but to not hide a grin, all at the exact same time too, at that. As I knew as to the fact that it was, all at the exact same time too, at that.
That I knew exactly as to just what it was that was in fact coming, all at the exact same time too, at that. I was not all too sure as to just why it was that Peter would tell me as such a thing like that, at that. As I could simply just call an audible, as I knew as to just exactly what it was that they were even trying to do right now.
As it was clear they were expecting me to go in to shotgun and take my first shot as a quarterback. Which I was not going to do even as tempting as I felt like it just might be. As I felt like it was just smarter for me to get started off, and to get warmed up on a football field before it was that I tried to make any real big shots just yet, all at the exact same time too, at that.
As it was that I had in fact just kind of sort of thought on those types of thoughts for just a little bit more time, all at once. That was when I just got my mind, and I just then did in fact just seem to start to get my focus on to the center that had the ball in his hands, all at the exact same time too. As I kind of gulped on the fact as to just what it was that I knew I was about to have to go and do, at that.
As I knew as to the fact that it was, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, all at once. That I was about to do a long snap, and I had just seen 2 of those go under the quarterback, and one go over to top of the head of the quarterback from this same guy just last week. As I kind of shivered as soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought on those thoughts, all at the exact same time too.
As I kind of just did my best to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could for the mean time, all at once. As I felt like I needed to think as positive as I felt like I possibly could right now. Which was a lot easier said than done considering all that it was that had in fact just so happened to happen to me in the past year or so, all at the exact same time too, at that.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to think on that for just a few more seconds, all at once. I just then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead, all at the exact same time too, at that. And I just then did in fact just seem to start to close my eyes and begin to start to think back on just when it was that I played football at the high school, at that.
I remember seeing my father's happy face on the side line, as he watched me go and run a really good route most of the time, at that. Now sadly, that was not the case any more. But if things went together as it was that I had in fact planned for it to go. Than I very well might actually have that same thing happen to me in the near future, none the less.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to think on that for just a few more seconds, all at once. That was when I just then did in fact just seem to start to smile, as I just then did in fact just seem to start to open my eyes up all at the exact same time too. I saw that it was that Johny did in fact have his eyes right on to me right now.
I then did in fact just seem to start to see him nod right back on over towards me, all at once. As it was clear to me as to just what it was that he was telling me to do, all at the exact same time too, at that. As I knew that I had wasted plenty of time as it was so far. And that we needed to go on ahead and continue with practice, once again.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to start to realize, and I began to start to know that it was in fact the case, all at the exact same time too. That was when I just then did just begin to start to get my eyes, and my focus on the fact that it was, all at once. That I just then did in fact begin to start to look on over to the center, at that.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have started to begin to do as such a thing like that, all at once. That was when I just then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead, all at the exact same time as well. And I just then did in fact begin to start to speak up, and step up for the team. Which felt a bit weird doing, if it was that I was not going to lie to my self either, all at the exact same time too.
"Down... Set... Hike!" I yelled, as I had a big smile on my face just as soon as it was that I had in fact just said as to just what it was that I had even said. As I knew that this had a lot of potential for this to be a big play. So long as things did in fact go according to plan. Which I did in fact trust Denzel, so I was not all too freaked out about that what so ever, none the less.
As soon as I snapped the ball, I was actually quite happy to see that it was that the ball was not snapped over my own head. As it was actually quite a perfect snap, as it went straight towards my belly. Which of course was so easy for me to carche, due to the fact that I had once been a receiver of course.
As soon as I snapped the ball, I looked out side, to make sure that I tricked the line backers.
I made sure that they thought that I was about to throw the ball, so the middle line backers in the 3-4 defense did in fact decide to make back. Clearly way for Denzel to run right through the defense, all at the exact same thing too, all at once. It was perfect, as it should at least be an 8 if not more gain for Denzel, so long as he played it smart, none the less.
Denzel was pretty smart, so I did in fact have faith in him of course. But some one that I did not have faith in was of course our OLine. The OLine was so bad... Surely this should not matter thought, this should easily be a net gain, as we had the perfect play to stop the defense.
Well, as it turns out, as soon as it was that I was about to hand the ball for Denzel, all at the exact same time too, at that. I just then did in fact begin to start to realize, and I just then did in fact begin to start to notice that it was, all at the exact same time too. That was not the case for us, as I saw that the men that had been going on the out side blitz.
Had already been right on me and Denzel, all at the exact same time too, all at once. As I was not all too sure if it was due to me being a new Quarterback, and waiting too long to hand the ball off. Or if the offensive line had simply just let the defense sprint right through them. Almost as if it was that they were ghosts, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of stared in awe, as it was that I did in fact hand the ball off to Denzel, all at the exact same time as well, all at once. I then did in fact see that the defense was already on him. As poor little Denzel did not stand a chance against the defense. As, as soon as he had the ball in his hands, that was when he was easily taken to the ground.
I kind of winced, as I began to start to remember my injury, all at the exact same time too. Was he okay? I was so worried, as if this was not the game of the pig skin that we were in fact playing right now.
What was I doing? I knew he was fine, as the hit had not been bad what so ever. As this was in fact a practice that we were doing right now. As it was not as if the defense was trying to hit us hard to scare us.
I rolled my eyes a little bit to my self, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I had in fact just seemed to start to do as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well. That was when I just then did in fact begin to start to see that it was that Denzel was now starting to lift his head up.
As he got him self up from off of the ground, that was when I just then did in fact begin to start to notice that it was that he did in fact have his head to the ground right now. It was clear that he felt bad, as if it was that it was his fault that the play had gone bad, all at the exact same time too. Which I knew that it was not his fault what so ever, all at the exact same time as well.
As soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to start to notice that it was that Denzel was feeling bad. I just then did in fact begin to start to hear some one else beginning to start to speak up, all at once. As it was that they were in fact yelling at some one right now, all at the exact same time too.
As soon as it was that I had in fact began to start to realize that it was in fact the case, all at once. That was when I just then did in fact also begin to start to notice that it was that it was in fact Johny who was in fact speaking. And not just that, but it was clear that he was speaking to me.
As I kind of blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too. As I just then did in fact just seem to stare at him with a little bit of a shocked look on my face. As it was clear that he was in fact a bit angry with me just now, all at once.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have started to notice that it was in fact the case, all at once. I kind of just seemed to start to gulp. As I knew that it was that it was not normal what so ever for Johny to be upset at me. As I had never done any thing to upset him, all at the exact same time too.
I then did in fact just begin to start to tilt my head a little bit, all at the exact same time too. As I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was in fact getting at right now. But it was clear that it was that I was in fact paying my full attention on to just what ever it was that he had in fact felt like he had even needed to say to me just now, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to start to do as such a thing like this, all at once. That was when he just then did in fact just seem to continue to yell at me, all at once. As I of course just then did in fact just seem to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he did in fact feel like he even needed to say on over to me, all at the exact same time too, at that.
"What the fuck are you doing Grant?! Our offensive line is horrible, you know this already! Denzel won't stand a chance!" He yelled to me, all at the exact same time too, all at once, at that, too. As I saw that he did in fact just seem to start to tear his helmet off, all at the exact same time too. As it was clear that he was in fact very upset, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I had never seen him this angry, not even as any one else. As I just kind of had my face turn red, all at the exact same time too. As I had not really ever had some one come at me like it was that he was right now. As I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, at that.
As I was not all too sure as to just why it was that he was upset right now, all at the exact same time too. As I felt like it had been a good play call, as the same thing would have happened to me if I tried to pass, all at the exact same time too, at that. As I knew that we had a better chance with a run, perhaps just a Halfback dive, all at the exact same time too, at that.
I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self as calm, and as chill as I felt like I could, all at once. As I saw that it was that Denzel was also quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was in fact going on right now, all at once. As he kind of stared at Johny right in to his all, all at the exact same time too.
Denzel seemed to be quick to my defense thankfully enough, all at the exact same time too. As I saw him step in between the both of us, all at the exact same time as well, all at once, at that. He just seemed to be talking serious to Johny, all at the exact same time too.
Which was also a bit of a surprise to me, as I never really thought of Denzel as the one who made plans, all at the exact same time too. I was thankful for Denzel how ever, all at the exact same time as well. As I saw that it was that Johny now had his mind. And he did in fact have his focus and attention on to Denzel, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
As soon as it was that Denzel had in fact just seemed to start to begin to realize that it was in fact the case. That was when he just then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead, all at the exact same time too. That was when I just then did in fact seem to start to speak to Johny. As I of course did in fact just seem to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he felt like he even needed to say to Johny, all at the exact same time too.
"Hey Fuck off Johny! You can't think that every play should revolve around you! I want some plays some times too, ass hole!" Denzel said. As I just then did in fact realize that it was that he was not really defending me. As much as it was that he was trying to get some plays for him self, all at the exact same time too, at that.
As soon as it was that he had in fact just said as to just what it was that he had even said, how ever. That was when I just then did in fact begin to start to stare at Johny once again. As it was clear that he was now upset at Denzel, all at the exact same time as well, all at once.
Which was fine with me, if it was that I was not going to lie to my self, all at the exact same time too. As I felt like just as long as it was that every one was not upset at me, at that. As I really felt like I had called the correct play, all at the exact same time too, all at once, at that, never the less.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have started to notice that it was in fact the case, all at once. That was when Johny then did in fact just seem to start to squint his eyes on over towards Denzel, at that. As he just then did in fact just seem to start to begin to yell right back on over to Denzel.
I kind of just had my eyes wide through out this whole time. As I felt like I was lost, and did not have a clue as to just what it was that was even happening right now. As I was in fact paying my full attention as to just what ever it was that Johny did in fact feel like he even needed to say to Denzel, all at the exact same time too, at that.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm, and as normal as I felt like I need to be that way. As Johny did in fact just seem to start to continue to speak to Denzel, as well. As I of course just then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he did in fact feel like he even needed to say on over to Denzel, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
"You need to be a team player!" He said, as I realized that it was that he was in fact kind of mocking the head coach, all at the exact same time too. Which was probably not the best idea, all at the exact same time as well, all at once, none the less.
Coach, as soon as it was that he had heard, and he had in fact just seemed to start to have realized as to just what it was that Johny had said. Was not having any of it what so ever, all at the exact same time too. As this had in fact been a bit of a short tempered day so far. Due to the fact that it was that there was going to be a new quarterback for the game tomorrow, at that.
I still did not really know the play book all that well, so I felt like it was not going to be a good ending for us what so ever, at that. As I just then did in fact just seem to get my focus off of all of that, all at once. As I just then did in fact begin to start to suddenly seem to continue to hear coach yell right back on over to Johny, all at the exact same time too.
Johny did in fact just seem to start to turn his head on over towards coach, all at once. As it was clear that he was not at all happy as to just the way that things just seemed to be going for him, all at the exact same time too. As in the end did in fact just seem to start to hear coach continue to yell.
I was still so lost as to just what it was that Johny was even so upset at in the very first place any ways. To really under stand as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time too. I then in the end did in fact just seem to start to pay attention as to just what ever it was that coach felt like he had to say on over towards him either way.
As I just seemed to stare at coach for just a few more moments in time, all at the exact same time as well. That was when in the end, I just then did in fact begin to start to hear him continue to speak on over towards Johny, all at once, at that. As I did in fact of course, begin to start to listen as to just what ever it was that he did in fact feel like he even needed to say on over to Johny, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"Get on the side line kid! You know the game rules! Helmet goes off, you are off the field for a play!" He said on over to Johny. As it was clear that he was not trying to upset Johny any more. As he was simply just stating simple facts for the game of football... I was not going to lie to my self, it was in fact smooth...