1.8 Neville and Alice have a moment

Unedited:should I use the book cover above instead? Also I made the gif below this.

[camera shows Alice sitting against a tree near the Black Lake talking to a mermaid]

"I can't come into the water, I'm sorry. No I'm not crying." The blonde girl told the magical creature who was staring at her. The girl turned her head toward the right after the mermaid pointed with her webbed hand. Neville was walked down the dirt path with his hands in his trousers pockets. The brunette sat beside her not saying anything. After a minute she leaned her head against his shoulder. "Why do you get to have pockets. I want pockets do you know how much stuff you can carry?" She huffed and then elbowed the boy's side when he started to laugh.

"Are pockets that big of a deal?" Regulus asked the women around him. At the same time they all replied with a harsh yes that made him raise his arms in defense. "One thing I have learned with my years of babysitting the girls is that pockets are life and they get really happy when there is pockets on anything." Neville told his friends father wondering what he should call him.

"Babysitting!" Ginny shrieked not liking the older boy to describe it as that. "Yes babysitting. El is down right crazy, Rina is Rina, your short tempered, Cass has too much confidence somtimes, and Luna- well she's an angel so not her." Ginny and Alice looked at the boy with looks of mock betrayal and anger.

"Well I didn't come down here to talk about pockets but if that would work better for you..." "No, no its fine I'm done with my pocket talk." She waved her hand, the snake ring reflecting in the sun. "So are we gonna talk about what my Boggart was or" "We don't have to."

"He's so sweet" Andromeda cooed while her sisters nodded in agreement. "Where did you get that ring anyway?" Ron asked the blonde girl. "All Slytherins have one. You get it as soon as your sorted into the house." "Wait really" A random voice asked. In reply most of the Slytherins including Alice and Cooper held up their hand that had the ring on.

"It's fine, I'll tell you. So when I was born it was out in the middle of nowhere. No towns around or anything. I grew up only knowing two people, my mother and her friend. My mom was always there, brushing my long hair for me or helping me pick flowers. I had just turned six when one night my mother kissed me on the forehead before bed like normal, but when I woke up I wasn't at my home. Instead I was in a bed at my boarding school. Haven't heard from my mom since then and I have no clue if she's alive. And if she is does she even remember me." She had tears running down her face once she finished and quickly she tried to wipe them away with her sleeve.

Neville turned to his friend and hugged her tight not caring about the tears that started to soak into his sweater. "I miss her so much and can't even tell her." Alice whispered before she started to choking on air from crying and was thrown into a coughing fit. Neville pulled back worried but she stopped almost as soon as she started. "I'm fine" She waved him off, "I promise, just started choking on nothing." "Do you wanna get tea?" He tugged on her sleeve making her look back at him. "Yes please" She whispered as he pulled her back up. The two made their way up the path, swinging their hands between the two.