3.7~ The first task

Words:
Side note: guys 😭 alice was supposed to have a cat this whole time. ima cry, i cant believe that i forgot about him. poor dude. welp, proof that i really need to rewrite the whole first act
TW: mentions of self harm— it's really small

Oh yeah:
VOTE

MY FELLOW SWIFTIES
IM BEING TOLD TO INFORM YOU THAT WE NEED TO STREAM SPEAK NOW TV TOMORROW: AUGUST 13TH IN ORDER TO MAKE IT RISE IN THE CHARTS
SUPPORT OUR MOTHER TAYLOR 🫶🫶🫶

MY FELLOW SWIFTIES IM BEING TOLD TO INFORM YOU THAT WE NEED TO STREAM SPEAK NOW TV TOMORROW: AUGUST 13TH IN ORDER TO MAKE IT RISE IN THE CHARTS SUPPORT OUR MOTHER TAYLOR 🫶🫶🫶

CHAPTER SEVEN
T H E F I R S T T A S K

PILES OF BOOKS REACHING HIGHER THAN HERMIONE OR ALICE'S HEAD WERE STACKED ON THEIR TABLE. The two had shifted their researching to the library, a common ground for the two opposing houses. Thankfully both of them were top students and many of the teachers adored the two, meaning they had special privileges. The girls started to live at that very table: reading, practicing spells, trying to find as many ways as possible that Harry would survive a dragon.

Hermione groaned in remembrance, her hands reaching up to cover her eyes. "That research was horrible."

"But you got me as a friend out of it." Alice pouted, brow furrowing.

The brunette rolled her eyes at the dramatics. "We didn't even agree that we were finally friend until after the Yule ball—"

"—you two were definitely friends before that." Ron commented, earning a glare from his girlfriend.

Alice had practice of killing a dragon-like creature, but this was a completely different situation. The blue-eyed girl loved magical creatures, if she was actually being taught about something besides killer worms then Hagrid's class would have been her favorite next to transfiguration. She had considered becoming a dragon trainer or keeper in the future. It was a deadly job that was in very few locations, meaning that she would be forced to move away from all of her family — wow, it's weird to say that she had family again.

"Ignoring the last part," Regulus said, his ring filled hand holding his jaw up. "You want to be a dragon trainer?"

She shifted in her seat, the sudden topic making her uneasy. "Used to, changed my mind after the war."

That made the hall fall silent. Most of them had forgotten the reason their children were there: to save a different the future. They would have to go back to the world that they left, but in some other life, they would have the parents and love they all needed.