Winterfell

Staring out the window, she could see it was a cold morning, nothing out of the ordinary. The weirwood tree just peeking out. Jessica sighed. She knew that Septa Mordane would  come in to fetch her at any moment. She really didn't want to be down at breakfast. Didn't want to be thrown into conversations, work this early in the morning. There is an execution this morning, just after breakfast. Her father, Lord Eddard Stark, would be taking Rob, Jon and Theon. There was talk of taking Bran as well. She sighed. He's only seven. Still to small in her opinion.

Her thoughts were scattered by a knock at the door.

"Jess." No response.

"Jess." Voice raised louder. Still no response.

"Jessica." She heard footsteps approach her.

"Lyanna Jessica Stark." There were hands on her shoulders.

"Sorry." She took a shaky breath. She looked up, seeing Jon give her a concerned look.

"The dreams again?" Jon asked quietly.

"No." Jessica shook her head. "No." She gave him what she believed was a reassuring smile. "The execution. That was on my mind this morning."

"You know father is just." His hand cupped her cheek.

"He always is. It's Bran I worry about."

"Bran?" He seemed genuinely confused.

"I overheard Father and Maester Luwin conversing. He's only seven."

"And will be a Lord or a Knight or a Maester. And will have to deal with these situations. Better he deal with them now than be a craven when he's older."

"And we're you watching executions at seven?" Jessica raised a peculiar eyebrow.

"No." Jon admitted. "But I was sneaking out of Winterfell."

Jessica opened her mouth to rebuttal, but simply smiled and shook her head.

"There's that smile I know and love." Jon drew her in close, and Jessica laid her head on his chest. The beat of his heart calming her, she let her eyes close.

"I'd break it up before Father and Mother catch you both." Robb announced as his way of knocking.

"Good morning to you too." Jessica didn't open her eyes, nor did Jon let her go.

"Jessie." Robb sighed. "Breakfast. Please."

"I'll be there...we'll be there." She finally opened her eye. Staring back at her was her her best friend, her brother, her other half, her twin.

"It'll be our heads." Robb crossed his arms.

"No, it'll be my head." Jessica corrected him.

"You are a Lady of Winterfell." Robb sighed.

"And not married yet." Jessica reminded him.

"Any man would be luck to have you. Now breakfast please." Robb had a finality in his voice.

"I'll be right behind." Jessica motioned foe Robb to go.

He looked at them both before muttering. "Two minutes." He closed the door behind them.

"And the moments over." Jessica sighed and looked up at Jon.

"You and I will have others." Jon promised her quietly pressing his forehead to hers. Neither wanting to move, both craving more time.

"Lyanna!" Robb yelled back. He never used her fist name unless he was serious.

With a sigh Jon kissed her forehead and stepped back, allowing Jessica to go catch up to her twin.