Chapter 08: Peculiar

CHAPTER 08: Peculiar

Crystal Leigh's P.O.V.

It's lunch time and the three of us decided to stay here in a quadrangle.

While watching some other girl students playing volleyball, Molly suddenly spoke up. "What do you think about... Akira?"

I looked at her in wonder. "What's with the sudden question about her?"

"Well, I just wanna know your thoughts about her," she answered while her eyes locked on those students playing volleyball.

"Akira is a nice person but..." Napatingin kami kay Remi. "She's kinda mysterious to me."

"How 'bout you, Crystal?" baling sa akin ni Molly.

I mused as I roamed my sight around and there then I saw... her. She's with Karen and Jane. A smile appears on my lips when a visible smile is shown on her.

"She's... someone I think I can trust, someone I can be with no matter how tragic the situation is, and someone... I began to wonder," as I said those words, her presence is no longer to be seen anymore. Maybe, they're going somewhere. I looked at my two best friends and they gaped about what I just said.

"I guess that's how you also think about us, right?" I heard the tone of hesitation in Remi's voice.

"Of course! But she's different," I retorted as I smiled at her widely.

"W-What do you mean by she's different?" Remi emphasized the last two words she uttered.

"Because she's peculiar."

-

Molly's P.O.V.

I just kept silent the moment Remi and Crystal were talking about Akira. The way Crystal described her thoughts about her is enough for me to be timid.

The bell rang and the three of us went back to our classroom. I took a glimpse of Akira as I sat in my chair. She's busy doing her stuff on her desk while I'm just staring at her intently.

There when I remembered her weirdful act towards Crystal.

How come she made Crystal trust her? What did she do for Crystal wanting to be with her? And what's that something that made Crystal even more curious about her?

Napaigtad ako nang bigla niya akong tingnan. Napansin niya sigurong nakatitig ako sa kaniya kaya mabilis kong iniwas ang tingin ko.

Is there something going on between the two of them?

-

Crystal Leigh's P.O.V.

While twirling my pen with my fingers, I tilted my head to see her. My smile started to surface as I stared at her. She suddenly looked up at me, which made me flinched.

I heard her soft laugh. "Is there something wrong?" she asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Okay." She just smiled and brought back her focus on what she's been doing.

Tumingin na lang ako sa harap at nakinig sa itinuturo ng teacher namin. I don't know but there's something in me that makes me want to divert my full attention into her, as if I could see any answer to my questions that has been crossing my mind.

Natapos ang klase nang maayos at nakapag-focus naman ako. Iginala ko ang tingin ko sa buong classroom. Inaayos na ng mga classmates ko ang mga gamit nila habang ang iba ay unti-unti nang lumalabas. Nilingon ko si Molly. Napansin kong simula pa kanina sa quadrangle ay tahimik na siya.