54: I'd have stalked Chris Evans until he agrees to date me

“Ew, that’s gross!”

“What is? Oh, that he has like five sweaty nipples?” He questioned, seemingly confused but for the twitching of his lips in mischief.

“Hawk,” I cried, shoving him lightly.

“I was just saying,” came his oh-so-innocent reply, chuckling all the while. And despite myself, I soon found myself chuckling alongside him – well  after I was satisfied with murdering him with my glare that is.

However, the mirthful sounds were quick to trail off when we heard Miss Green say, “Brooke and Hawk, it’s good you’re together. I’d like to have a word with both of you.”

“Oh,” I said simply, quite unsure as to what she could possibly want to say to us. And one look at Hawk revealed he was also wondering the same thing. Well, as it was clear neither of us knew the answer, all we could do was turn our attention to the person who did. 

She, however, was a little busy at the moment. She was now calling Jack over as well, stopping him from shuffling out of class alongside everyone else. And a moment later, she was doing the same with Ria who was still packing up.

It wasn’t until the both of them were in front of her as well, that she spoke. “So, I know I’ve returned your assignments to you but…” She stopped to stare between us, and if possible, I felt my curiosity heighten – and it seemed to be the same for the others as well, seeing as they all were now staring back at her in anticipation.

Jack and I were pretty pleased with our score. Well, a whole lot more than pleased to be honest; it was a perfect score after all. So, what else could Miss Green want to say concerning the assignment?

“I just have to tell you guys how emotional you made me,” she finished. And sure, enough, she was already looking pretty teary-eyed. 

Now, I saw why she ran the drama club.

“Your works were amazing to say the least. The way you presented love was so…”

Just when I feared she would go full on crying, she finally added, “it was unique. It was out of the box! It was from an angle that even I have never considered.”

Anyone who saw her now, would think she just won a Grammy for the first time, given how emotional she was being right now. But that was just Miss Green for you. If literature was a person, I’m sure Miss Green would be first in line seeking its hand in marriage. And no, I wasn’t exaggerating. Her love for it was unparalleled.

“Great job, guys,” she was now saying, face beaming.

Ria was the first to speak, the delight in her voice clear. “Thank you, Miss Green.”

The rest of us said our thanks as well, with Jack and I sharing a fist bump, and Ria and Hawk sharing a pretty awkward smile. After a few more seconds with a teary-eyed Miss Green, we were soon heading out. Or well, in my case, I was about to head out but for her call of: “Brooke, wait.”

And I did wait, whipping around to face her. “Yeah?” 

“Brooke,” she started, a gentle smile playing across her lips.

No kidding, Miss Green changed facial expressions faster than you could breathe. I’d seen her talk about one of Shakespeare’s works, looking like she could cry, only for her to get all giddy the next second as she spoke about her favorite part.

“What I’m about to tell you now, is not as a teacher but as a friend.” 

Ok…

Though I had no idea what that meant, I nodded anyway. And she took that as her cue to go on.