35: Get your head in this kiss

***Hawk***

.

.

.

.

.

“Her reply however, wasn’t at all what I was expecting. “To tell you the truth, that’s not the only thing I’ve been wanting lately.” 

Ok, what other thing was she referring to? And more importantly, why was she staring at me like that? It was almost as though her eyes were seeking to express some kind of message – the only problem was that I had no idea what it was. And so, I could only stare unsurely back at her.

We stayed like that for a second longer – silently holding each other’s stare. But as much as I’d like to continue peering into Ria’s baby blues, I knew the awkwardness was bound to set in soon. So, before that would happen, I subtly pulled my eyes away with the excuse of a chuckle. “Well, I’m sure whatever it is, you’ll be able to get it.” 

“But what if I know I’ll probably not be able to? What if getting it is even harder than I think?”

Not quite expecting that she’d ask that, I was somewhat unsure of words to reply at first.

But after a few thoughtful moments, I said, “that might be true. But then again, you'll never know for sure how it’ll turn out until you try. It might seem scary, but you just need to be confident in yourself – just go for it. You know, a good friend of mine told me that confidence goes a long way.”

As I spoke, my mind drifted to that ‘good friend’ of mine, feeling my insides beam at the thought of her. Well, not at the thought of her per se, more like at the thought of her words. Because I was thinking of her words from the mall the other day, not of her. Well, technically, it was of her but I—

“Just go for it?” Ria echoed, breaking off my crazed thoughts – thankfully. Now though, I nodded my affirmation, adding a friendly smile which for the record, was soon to freeze in its place at the sudden feel of soft lips on mine.

Stunned by the action, my lips remained unmoving against hers for a full second, or maybe two, with my brain finally coming to terms with my current situation.

Ria was kissing me! 

For the longest time, I'd hoped for this moment to come. And now, it was finally happening.

Finally happening.

Those two words resonated in my mind as I felt myself begin to respond to her, lips slowly slowly in sync with hers.

Finally happening – two seemingly simple words which carried a lot of weight to them. 

Yeah, this was finally happening – I was finally getting what I’ve always wanted. So then, why did it not feel the way I'd always imagined it would? I’d always imagined myself to be grinning like a fool on the inside now, and that my heart would be on the verge of exploding with joy. Or I don't know, something like that.

But the reality wasn’t quite the same. It's not that I wasn’t thrilled. I mean come on, it’s Ria we were talking about here. But the thing was, I don’t think I was as thrilled as I ought to.

Did that even make sense?

Although, to be fair, lately, a lot of things haven’t been making sense to me. Heck, I wasn’t sure I even understood myself anymore.

But wait a sec, were these the appropriate thoughts to have during a kiss? Not like I’d know if other guys who were kissing the girls of their dreams, also stopped to think about how confusing their lives were.