12: Were you also referring to my underwear?

***Hawk***                          
.

.

.

.

.
Half-conscious, I could make out distant moving sounds. The more conscious I became however, the closer the sounds seemed to be, causing my eyes to pop open. 

The first thing that welcomed me was the soft feel of the pillow against my face.

Hold up, since when did my pillow smell so nice? Last I checked, it always smelled like hot Cheetos and chips owing to the one too many times I laid in bed eating and doing movie marathons with my sister. And it might or might not smell like a day-old chicken bone which I was too lazy to trash. You get the idea.

So, imagine my surprise when I found myself sinking into a pillow which not only smelled nice, but felt just as nice; its fluffy whiteness making me want to sink deeper into it.

Its fluffy whiteness? Wait a minute, since when did I have a white pillow? Where the hell did my black ‘monsters in the city’ pillow go? The thought was enough to leave me bolting up from my lying position at lightning speed.

I was quick to discover that was a bad move on my part.

The sudden movement prompted the terrible throbbing in my head which had me thinking my skull might split in two. Wincing slightly, I used my hand to rub small circles around my temple, trying to deceive myself that it was of any help in combating the monster in my head.

I was still doing my little massage routine when a voice suddenly floated through my ears, causing me to nearly jump out of my skin. “You're awake. Good morning.”

Tracing the source, I was faced with a young blonde girl probably around her mid twenties. At the moment, a soft smile graced her features as she stared at me.

“Um...hi?”

Even as the word left my mouth, I could hear my brain saying: ‘real smooth, Hawk. You managed to give the dumbest reply possible.’

However, I didn’t get to dwell much on my lame response, as my mind was now drawn towards observing my surroundings. 

Asides the girl who greeted me, there were other people standing in the room; a man in a white shirt which was tucked too neatly in his black trousers, and two girls who were dressed in similar outfits as the girl I saw first – simple black gowns matched with little white aprons.

It was the man who spoke. “We’re sorry if we disturbed you.” His voice sounded so soothingly gentle, that I was certain he’d probably tell someone their hair was on fire as though he were telling them the name of his pet.

Now though, I was giving a small shake of my head. “No, it's fine. You didn’t disturb me at all.” I wanted to add that the only disturbance to me right now, was the pounding in my head, but decided against it.

“We figured it’d be better to have everything ready for you before you woke up.”

Everything ready? It was only then that I paid attention to what they were holding, and I found my eyes doubling in size. The blonde girl was holding a small tray containing a glass of water and what looked like painkillers. The two other girls, however, were holding…

Wow!

Was that?

Was this?

Was I?

Well, the sight in front of me was enough to make anyone forget how to make a complete sentence. Hell, if this wasn't a buffet, then it sure was the closest thing I knew to it. Each and everything on those trays, looked as exquisite as the dishes in those food magazines. And believe me, there were a lot of things.