Chapter 11 Double standards

"Hey, NuNew!" shouts Tutor, who is walking down the stairs from the upstairs bedrooms to the large living area, "Max asks to see you for a minute."

Yim is sitting next to the inwardly devastated Nat, peeling a mango. Nat looks very taken and since he refused to touch the thoroughly delicious lunch that Yim and Tutor had lovingly prepared, he at least tries to feed him the nutritious delicacy.

"You have to eat something, Nat!" purrs Yim.

But Nat's hearing is sharpened only to Tutor's words.

He was talking about Max.

The name of his love.

The Max who just walked up to the room and hasn't shown his face downstairs in an hour.

Zee held onto Nat's arm as he tried to follow Max upstairs.

"Nat, let him!", Zee begged him, "Come! Sit with us!", he pulled him onto the comfy couch.

And immediately Yim tried to take care of Nat.

Eat, drink.

Maybe make him laugh?

Just keep him company?

Or the television?

But Nat was in a constant state of denial.

He sat down on the couch, pulled his legs up to his torso, and leaned his chin on his knees.

Zee and NuNew exchanged glances and NuNew sat down on the other side of Nat.

He was to notice the closeness of Yim and NuNew.

And his big brother Zee was pacing around.

Tutor came back into the room after a while with a freshly made lemonade.

Zee gave him a look and the latter nodded.

So Tutor was told to take a look at Max.

So he ran up the stairs, knocked on the door of the bedroom of these estranged lovers and waited for Max to invite him in.

And when he was allowed to open the door, he saw Max lying on the bed, freshly showered.

"Hey, how are you?" asked Tutor, immediately regretting that question, "I mean, is there anything I can do for you? Do you want something to eat? Yim and I have been cooking. Tastes pretty good, actually. Can I get you something?", Tutor talks way too fast in his opinion.

He hates it when his friends fight.

He likes it harmonious.

It just doesn't always work out, but he hopes that the two of them will get it right again quickly.

The mood is oppressive and they both look really bad.

"Thank you, Tutor! Can you please just call NuNew for me?", Tutor's heart ached to hear Max's voice so sad.

And he ran right away.

NuNew is supposed to go to Max.

And Nat trembles as he sees NuNew and Zee exchange a look again.

Zee nods and NuNew stands up.

"Take him up something to eat! Maybe you can convince him," Tutor suggests, hurrying into the kitchen.

"Here!" exclaims Tutor, handing NuNew a bowl of ramen soup, "Max likes ramen. Maybe he can get some down."

Yim smiles enchantedly at Tutor's loving gesture.