Chapter 4 Burning

Max POV

"Damn it! What happened?", I can barely contain my shock.

Zee is carrying Nat piggyback out of his car.

I run to him and try to take Nat from him.

"Wait!" whispers Zee, grabbing my arm, "Calm down!" he demands, tugging on my arm until I finally look at him.

My look seems to shock him.

"Max, calm down! He's just drunk. Don't freak out right away!" he demands.

I peek into the car and see NuNew in the passenger seat. He can't even look me in the eye. So that's what happens when I let my nong go wild with him.

I can't suppress my anger.

"I'll take it from here!", I try to say calmly, reaching for Nat, who seems to have passed out.

"Wait!" demands Zee, "Max, look at me!" he tries to reach out to me, "Nat got drunk tonight. He apparently wanted to test his limits. Please promise me you won't make a scene for him about it! I trust you!" his eyes penetrate mine, "I'm bringing him to you to watch over him while he sleeps it off. He can't go home that way. Please be a good Pi and don't beat him up!"

I swallow my anger.

So he called for Zee when he needed help.

No wonder!

There's no such thing with me!

You can't get bottled up like that with me, Nat!

"All right! I'll take it from here!", I declare seriously, "Thanks for picking him up. I'll see you at the studio."

And finally I'm able to hoist Nat off his back.

The way he snuggles up to Zee.

The way his face rests on his shoulder.

I burn at the sight.

And the burning becomes all the more intense when I feel his body, so familiar to me, against mine. He immediately wraps his legs around my waist as I take him in my arms.

His face now rests against my neck.

He smells like a whole perfumery combined with the acrid smell of alcohol.

And his steady breath against my skin.

That burning sensation in my body.

As if I hadn't burned enough tonight.

As if that altercation in my car hadn't left me burning enough.

As if my nong hadn't made me worry enough tonight.

Why is he doing this?

And carrying him so helplessly in my arms now doesn't even leave me angry.

I'm more relieved that he's finally back with me.

The circumstances make me burn like a fire, but his nearness brings me the cool calm.

As I carry him to my bedroom, my entire body tingles.

What is he doing to me?

This Nong Nat still has so much to learn.

He has so much to mature.

I must not be impatient.

He'll get there.

And I gently lay him down on my bed and look at his delicate body.