rubberband

Earth 109
Olivia's View

"You and Y/n broke up after 3 months?" Mom asks.

Was it a wasted couple months?

"Yes." I say.

"Why? You were sneaking out of the house and missing your curfew just to hang out with her. As a parent, I should be thrilled. As a friend, I'm curious." Mom says.

Sneaking outta the window, spending nights in limbo

"I think that was all it was.I think all it was was sneaking out and late night driving." I say.

Was that all there was for us?
Midnight driving, running through highland

"Oh, so you broke up because you wanted more?" Mom asks.

"She gave me an ultimatum and I couldn't give her what she wanted. I let her go." I say.

Does it make me the criminal?
That I let you go
That I broke us and left

"I still think about her though." I say.

I hate that I never know
Why you're still so caught up in my head

"What was the ultimatum?" Mom asks.

"She wanted up to be officially official but I wasn't ready. I regret that because I lost a good thing." I say.

I know you wanted a promise
I wasn't ready, can I be honest?
Never knew what I had until I lost it

"I can't even get her out of my head." I say.

Mom opens the drawer and hands me a rubber band.

"When your dad asked me to marry him, I couldn't give him a straight answer. He gave me a ultimatum — we get married or he moves on. I couldn't do it." Mon says.

"Whenever he was on my mind I would snap a rubber band to ease my anxiety. It helped but I decided that he was too much of a good man to let him go." Mom says.

"Try it." Mom says as I put the rubber band on my arm.

And I got this rubber band on my wrist, on my wrist

I sigh and snap the rubber band.

And I snap it every time that I think about your lips

"Yeah, that kinda helps." I say snapping the rubber band again.

Got this rubber band on my wrist, on my wrist

"Don't break it if you don't want to think about Y/n. Me breaking it is exactly how I ended up going back to your dad." Mom says.

Almost break it every time when I'm trying to forget

I nod and she smiles.

Time Skip; Y/n's View

"I've never really ever been loved by someone besides Tommy. I don't know what "love-love" is so I can't exactly show it." I say.

I know that I have never been good at this

"One minute, I'm madly in love with someone, the next, I don't want to be around them. Then I miss that shit, like how I miss Olivia." I say.

Love you in a second, next you know I'm checking out
Of moments I shouldn't miss

"I look at photos we took — even the ones she took with me while I was sleeping — and I miss it. I wish I never gave her that ultimatum." I say.