Chapter 53: Love is strong

A/N

I love you all!
Happy Reading!

PS: At this point if you are loving the story, please leave a review.

PPS: TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER in the COMMENTS.

PPPS: We are reaching the end of story. I am having emotional damages.

Alex's POV

Emptiness. Hollowness. Void. Dislocated. Failure.

What should I feel about myself? What should I claim myself to be when the girl I have fallen so deeply and madly in love with was lying on the hospital bed? Laying on the hospital bed with every artificial breath keeping her alive in hopes.

It had been 8 hours. 8 hours since I took her to the hospital.

All three of them had been taken into custody, with Jacob and Mark handling other things, along with Henrick. And I… I was on a guilt trip for not being able to save her.

Sitting on the stool beside Teresa’s bed, I never let my eyes drift off from her pale face, my facial features an epitome of granite. My heart a resemblance of stone, hard and so… bleak without her. The bruise on her cheekbone, a sign of Adam’s cruelty, turned purple, and god forbid the sight gave me another level of anger. Doctors said that she had been in a coma because of exhaustion and several injuries around her body-which they had taken care- and they were yet to find how the hell there was excess blood between her legs.

Her screams filled the silence of the room as I squeezed my eyes shut. THe lone tear that was standing on the edge of my eyes for hours didn’t get the chance to fall down.

I did not hear the door getting opened and the sound of heels clicking and coming towards me until a feminine hand squeezed my shoulder. Without blinking, I looked up to come face to face with mother.

“How is she?”

I gulped down the lump forming in my throat. Why the hell do you make me so weak, my love? “Resting.”

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

“She will wake up soon. And you need to take a shower, for if you don’t want to scare her when she sees you.”

I nodded. “I am not leaving her. Not now. Not ever.”

“So this is it, huh? She is the endgame.”

One corner of my mouth twitched and lifted half a millimeter up. Yeah, this is it. Entry tickets for suitor-of-handsome-French-businessman competition are closed because I have my lady, for whom I can do anything. “She had been the end game for so long, mother. I ignored it. She ignored it. And I dare say that her condition is my fault.”

“Why do you say that?” she asked in a whisper.

“If only I had told her earlier, or she did not get to know about it the way she did. I could have saved her. I wouldn’t have allowed things to go this far.”

“Oh, son!” her hand rubbed my back, soothing the tense muscles under the motherly touch. “Sometimes the choices we have to make have worst results, no matter how cautious we are. You did what you did to protect her, and that is all that matters to her. She is a smart woman, and caring too. She had the kindest, purest heart, and she is immune to your attitude.”