Chapter 24: Conflicts

Third Person POV

There was silence for as long as Alex synced the face of his mother in front of him. Years. Yes, it had been years since he heard about her, seen her or talked to her. All those memories were coming to the surface, clear on his face when his face turned solid rock. For an outsider, it was a calm, calculative face. For him, it was the calm sea brewing the storm inside its body.

He held her mother's gaze, and she did that too. Nesta McOwen. There was a time when she was everything to him. He knew deep within that even if the world would turn its back on him, she would not. Never in this life. Isn't that what a mother is supposed to be for? To understand their child, trust them when they needed her to be? Seemed like life had horrendous plans for Alex.

But why now? Why was she here? He chuckled, thinking about how happy he was mere seconds ago.

A frown grew on Nesta's face when she saw her child laughing. Did she disgust him? Maybe. What she did, more like what she had to do, would disgust anyone. It was hard to abandon him when all he wanted was his mother. Tears formed in her eyes as she gulped to not lose her voice when she speaks.

Nesta saw Alex with this girl hand in hand. She knew her name, and that they were dating. After all those years, she saw Alex smiling at Teresa like he used to do before as if his heart was again watching through his eyes. Every time he laughed in her presence, Nesta noticed it reached his eyes. Her eyes shifted to Teresa, who had confusion written on her face. Probably thinking about who she was and why Alex was acting as if he would just rip anyone.

Alex's anger grew. "Do not look at her and leave."

"Alex, I need to talk to you. Please."

"There is nothing to talk about. Now, if you will excuse us, we are busy." Alex said, his voice low but brutal.

"Umm... I... I should wait outside." Alex's and Nesta's faces turned toward Teresa's voice. Nesta's features softened as a smile formed on her lips, while Alex- gave a death glare to Teresa which made her freeze in her spot. Like an obedient puppy.

"We are leaving. Nice to meet you, mother." Alex said and grabbed Teresa's hand. She was not taking this attitude of his, as she realized Alex had never told his side of the story about why he had no contact with his family. The dispute with his brother. She knew the value of having one living family. There was something in his mother's eyes that screamed love. A love of a mother and regret.

She slowly rubbed Alex's bulging bicep, her voice several decibels low. "Just listen to her once. I will go home with Mark if you want privacy. Talk to her, please."

Alex's eyes shot at her. The anger that was blooming in it seemed to wash away with calm as he sighed. Was it that easy to convince him of anything, with those eyes and Sheepy smile? he thought to himself. Not to mention the fact that she just agreed to be his girlfriend mere moments ago. Not that she had any choice but to accept. His feature softened a bit as he gestured for his mother to sit before him. Just as Teresa was about to head towards the exit gate, Alex grabbed her wrist and held her close to his chair. She stood to his right, placing her hand on his other shoulder, giving a slight stroked to keep him collected.

"You have 5 minutes." His voice was plain and uninterested.

Nesta nodded as she gathered the courage to tell him what she came for, certainly aware of the risk she had taken. She couldn't imagine what Robert would do if he found out that she visited Alex. "It's about Robert. He is planning to do some bad things with bad people."

"Do you realize what utter shit you are talking about?" Alex said. Not believing a single word she was saying.

When Nesta's face didn't change and tears fell down her eyes, Teresa reached to her with a tissue.

"Yes, I know I am saying. I... I was passing by his home office when he said to someone that he has crucial documents of your company which he would sell to the highest bidder. So that they can use it for illegal work." Nesta's voice broke.

"And why would I believe you?" He wanted to believe every word her mother was saying, but it was hard to find the trust. How could he listen to her when she didn't do the same?

"There was Adam Lewis, with his wife, in Robert's office. I think they were about to finish when I started eavesdropping. But, they said that they want to hurt you in any way possible and they would do it as early as possible. Either by spoiling your name or something. And Robert was something about taking the revenge of Adam's wife through you. I don't know what that means, but-" Nesta sucked in a breath, "But you have to trust me. He is dangerous, Alex. He has changed a lot, and your fight had only worked as fuel to his fire."

That was an ocean's worth of information Alex could take. He was about to say something when he felt Teresa's hand shaking vigorously on his shoulder. He tilted his head to look at her pale face, void of emotions. His own body was fuming with anger. How dare he? How dare Robert think about fucking his life? Him taking revenge for that excuse of a mother? And what revenge? He would find the answers to all the questions.

Teresa felt her body numb. Eliana, her mother, and Adam with Robert. She could not think about Alex being involved in any of this because of her. And what the hell was that revenge they wanted? Didn't she leave out everything and wiped her every connection off their lives? She did. She cut every string attached to them and never contacted her mother. Never asked for help.

"What does Adam want? And how are you so sure about it?" Alex asked.

"I know things happened in the past that made you distant with family but do not think for a second that I didn't have to pay the price too. You are my SON. Tout ce que j'ai fait était pour toi et Amelia." Nesta said. It was not the words that made Alex's heart twitch, but the tone. Nesta's chin was up, with shoulders puffed in determination to let her son believe every word she said was truth and nothing else.

(Everything I did was for you and Amelia)

"Thank you for telling us this, Mrs McOwen. I am sure Alex will look into it, and I assure you that he will be safe." Teresa's sweet voice made Nesta smile. Little did she know the names she told her son were the worst nightmares of Teresa.

"I better get going before his men notice me. Please talk to Amelia more often. Ton père a dit qu'il t'aime." Nesta said and vanished like smoke in the air.

For a long moment, they stayed in their position to think. But there was nothing. No thought, no opinion. Nothing.

"Argh! One hell of a day. I want a BIG chocolate bar, otherwise, my head will blast." Teresa grumbled.

"Yeah, I think me too," Alex said, lazily.

Teresa smiled at him sweetly, melting his heart in every way. "I am not sharing my chocolate with you, pig. Let's get home and celebrate that we know who did that."

Alex chuckled, the tension on his head visibly clearing. He titled his head to the crook of her neck, such that his lips were touching Teresa's earlobe. He kissed the spot beneath it and lowered his voice. "I know one special way of celebrating things. It includes you and me. Only. Without clothes."

Goosebumps erupted on her neck as she slapped his chest and they both headed to the car.

A/N

I want you all to tell me your opinion on this chapter? Do you want to see more of Alex's mother? And the father of course! Buckle up your seatbelts because this revenge game will not be played fair at all.

Hahaha! dramatics.

But on a serious note: Like, Comment, Share and review the story. If there is something you feel like I need to improve then PLEASE *imagine my puppy face* PLEASE leave a comment.

Love you loads.