chapter 17: Hello Brother

Alex’s POV

"Before you say anything, I will have a chocolate walnut brownie as my reward." Teresa looked at me with puppy eyes.

I grabbed her jaw, trailing my hand over her lips, my eyes drowning in hers. I leaned downward with our faces only inches apart and kissed her. The hand that was resting on her jaw trailed down to her neck with a firm grip at the back, whispers of kiss the only sound echoing in the office.

But, my heart... Was ready to jump out of my chest. My lungs were ready to burst with the painting.

Teresa and I lingered in my office, as she sat on my lap while digging her spoon in the brownies, chocolate syrup drowning from her lips.

I moved my face closer to hers, and licked the stain with my tongue, trailing the kisses from her lips to the jaw, to the neck.
She was amazing, and I was mesmerized by her. Not the face, but the beauty of her brain and skills.

I studied the laptop screen repeatedly, focusing on the image to identify anyone who resembled the facial features. Even though Teresa played a significant part in managing my anger, I was uncertain about who it might be? I would deal with Adam easily if he was behind this. But he merely saw Teresa the day before yesterday and reminding the circumstances, he was as astounded as Teresa. No chance that he would get information about the file that easily, let alone plan it. Not that I was belittling him, but what if…?

I shouldn’t speculate like that, but for a fraction of a second, my scepticism drifted to Robert.

A satisfied moan escaped Teresa's lips, and my vision settled on the empty plate. I raised my brows at her. "One again, how much do you like chocolate?"

She pursed her lips together, shrugging the shoulders as her cheeks turned pink. "A lot? Chocolate is the greatest invention of humanity, and I am the greatest admirer of it."

"Oh? Really?"

Then, I know a perfect place for her.

The wood of my desk grumbled under the vibrations of my phone and all the muscles in my face turned taut. The smirk that was forming on my lips fell as soon as I read the name flashing on the screen. Teresa looked at me, brows knitting together that a vertical line formed between the gap of her brows.

I stood up, moving my eyes to the couch in the office as I raised my chin at Teresa. Like an understandable woman, she stood up from my lap and I went to a corner, near the curtains behind my back.

“Hello brother,” said Robert.

I inhaled the surrounding air to calm myself. It had been so long since Robert called me; I guess three-four years. For 7 years, it had not been a pleasant one. It’s either me warning him or him warning me to not engage with clients.

“What do you want Robert?”

“Oh! Can’t I ask well-being of my brother?”

“Get to the point. We both know you have nothing to do with my well being, brother” I said, gripping the phone in a firm hold. My eyes landed on Teresa who was watching me from a distance.

"Ah-ah! Is that how you talk to family? Boys often forget manners when they meet cunts like that. She was pretty, though."

I stood there in silence. For a few seconds, I forgot how to breathe and move. There was this entirely new form of numbness my body was feeling. A new kind of rage... So cold and dangerous.

He was there, at the party and saw Teresa with me. He knew me well enough to know that I never bought the company with me before. And that gave him a green light to open his filthy mouth and say such insult to her. Fucking asshole. As soon as my eyes met Teresa's, that cold rage turned into a volcano as I took the water glass and crushed it on the wall. Teresa's eyes went wide and I shifted my body to the wall. I knew Robert had been a womaniser, always seeking an opportunity to stick in a hole.