Chapter 37: Choco pie!

Alex's Pov

It was 6:30 in the morning, and I was ready to start the day as usual. A sigh escaped my lips as the events of last night unfolded in front of my eyes. I was adamant. She was angry, and the moment got ruined. Now, I wanted to make up for her by making her favourite breakfast.

As I broke eggs into a bowl to whisk them, the string of pain flashed through my heart at Teresa's words. As much as the reality of me being the only family she could have kicked me in the face like a brick, I was shocked. Shocked that her thought process was in an entirely different direction from mine.

I know I had been keeping secrets from her for a long time now. Maybe since the attack, but it was for her. Under no circumstances I would let a cent of knowledge of my plans fill her mind. Why? Because she was the prime target. Be it Eliana-the-bitch, Adam or Robert, they want Teresa. And I would die before they even touch a hair on her.

As I poured eggs into the pan, making a sizzling sound in the ocean of butter cubes, I ran a hand over my head. I did nothing to convince her, and I understand she was afraid. Like, to the core of her heart. TO be honest, it crushed my heart how much she had to suffer in her life. I was away from my parents and I felt my life turning to hell. She! She saw her father die in front of her eyes. My reasoning to not tell her anything may not make any sense at that very moment, but it would.

I would rather not utter a word than lie to my love.

I flipped the omelette when two tender arms wrapped around my torso. I sigh as relief ran through my system. If she was hugging me like a baby from behind, it meant she was not angry anymore.

I was done cooking when I switched the stove off. My hands rested above hers as I rested the back of my head on top of hers. I smiled at the fact that she was standing on her tiptoes. My little fairy angel.

For a long moment, we stayed silent, mingling with the rhythm of our breathing as we engulfed our scents.

"You still angry with me?" I asked. For which she shook her head on my back. I turned around to wrap my arms around her body. It felt like heavens, you know, having her in my arms. The amount of calm she brought in me with her mere presence, was beyond the boundaries of dictionary words.

She was beyond the explanation of any phrase.

Teresa tilted her head to look up, holding her gaze to my eyes and shifting to my lips. I smirked at her. Oh! Damn the beauties of this earth in front of her face. I would love to grow old showing her how beautiful every inch of that face is. How pure every part of her soul is.

Whenever she looked at me like that, as if I was, and will, be the only man she would tear her heart open too. As if her eyes held all the love of this world for me and only me, my heart made weird skips as my stomach jumped out of my mouth. I found my breath caught in my throat as I gulped my saliva.

"No, choco pie. I am not angry with you. Sorry I overreacted a teeny-weeny bit, but I can't help to feel like this." she said, her voice not hiding the barriers of sadness.

"Feel like what?"

She inhaled a considerable amount of air in her lungs. "I... I kept my heart locked up the moment I saw my father taking his last breath. I ran. I ran from the world, from my feeling, from reality. And indulged me in work. But then I met you in the weirdest and cliche way possible. On that road, when you looked at me as if you will strangle the world if I won't climb in your car, I felt confused. Never since dad had I allowed someone to care for me. But you made your way to my heart, arrogantly, I must say."

My chest trembled with a laugh. I remember knocking at her apartment because she ignored me and my ego was big enough to handle the fact that someone ignored Alex McOwen.