Ch10: Take chance

Alex's POV

For a heartbeat I stood at Teresa's apartment door when she shut it on my face, uncertain of what to feel about the moments that had passed. I touched my lips with my index finger where her taste refused to leave as my lips curled upwards in a smirk. When she came down wearing a black dress, there was no heartbeat in my heart. The entire world... My world stopped spinning at the sound of her heels clicking the ground as she came closer to me. All I wanted was to have her in my arms and... I sighed as I reached my car and headed towards mansion.

God damn! She knew the features of this car and I swear that was a major turn on for me. How could someone be so perfect and beautiful and smart at the same time?!

It took all the will power of my brain to not touch her throughout the dinner. And there I was fucking zoned out when she said she was single for, like, forever. But that didn't mean she want a relationship with me? Hell, even I had no idea if I wanted that, at least not until I kissed her. I sucked in a sharp breath as the tingling sensation came back to my chest at the thought of her soft plump lips touching mine.

That kiss... It was like I had everything in my body burnt on fire and became ice the next moment. It was like- i couldn't think of how euphoric it felt. I promised myself that i will take a chance with her and I will make her fall for me, if she agreed. After we parted our lips from each other her eyes looked into mine as if searching for something and found the lost piece.

I understood that she was nervous after that. She wanted moments for herself to figure out my sudden action. I should have felt guilty but, there was none.

My house, for the very first time, did not feel like home when I entered the parking. I wanted her here. Nevertheless, I came inside and headed to the closet to wear comfortable clothes as I lay on the bed with my hand beneath my head. I looked at the ceiling, fighting the urge to message her or not.

Everything was so strange and new with Teresa and as I said I wanted to take a chance. Without hopes or strings attached i wanted to be in her presence. We could be friends at least?! No?! Okay!

I picked up the phone from nightstand as my fingers worked on the keywords.

Good night, love.
-Alex

My phone didn't ping for a long moment. Just as I believed that she might have slept, her name lightened up the dark dull room with a flash from my screen. That sudden blood pressure increased at her message, just like the screen brightened up.

You are riding a fucking race car of emotions Alex. My mind warned me.

Sleep tight I-am-not-the-mafia-king. Thank you for an amazing night.
Good night.
❤️
-Teresa

I wanted her to carry on the conversation and not shut it with a simple good night.
Oh, as if you will let that happen in a few seconds. My inner self taunted.

I wonder, how many other ways can a person have a good night. Not to mention, not alone. Rumour have it , I am the best kisser in town.
-Alex

Again, you think so highly of yourself ass-wipe. Not to mention, one of us has actual work to do. Good night.
-Teresa

I woke up from one of the most calming sleep I had in a long time. My mind was still hazy with last night's events, as if it was some dream. The truth that she made my heart beat faster, it was overwhelming me with strange tickles my stomach was feeling. I got up and took a shower, getting ready for office work.

As I entered the office with a shitty smile on my face, Jacob came in with the files. He narrowed his eyes, looking at me as if I was some ugly-looking monster. "What the hell does this smile mean?"