Chapter 20: you make me crazy

Teresa's POV

The entire car ride home was silent, as if the anger was thundering in Alex was counting every second to burst out anytime. He was silently driving, his gaze fixed on the road ahead without uttering a word. I studied his stern face and pursed lips.

For two days, he had been acting strange. Every time I go out, either he requests to come with me or send Mark. When neither was the option, a bodyguard accompanied me. Hell, even to my office. It was all so strange to me, the security, the attention. I was not built for this type of treatment.

"What is all this fuss about?" I asked.

"Not now, baby."

"Okay, tell me the date, the time when you would like to enlighten my dark life about what is making you so angry. Because I can't stand this." I said, sarcasm showering down my tongue.

His eyes didn't leave the road ahead, but that sharp jaw clenched and moved visibly. The steering wheel in his grasp was mere moments away from breaking by the way his knuckles turned white. "Not here. We will talk once we reach home, and I suppose you can keep yourself quiet for 5 more minutes."

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes. I opened my mouth, only to be cut by his deep voice. "The conversation is over."

Yeah, right! Like hell it is! I mumbled to myself.

As soon as the car stopped, I didn't wait for Alex, storming inside the house, making myself comfortable on the couch. He entered soon after, removing the tie wrapped around his neck as he dropped his suit jacket on the floor. He settled himself on the white leather chair to my right, his read laying behind on the headrest as the forehead replaced the plain surface with deep horizontal lines of tension.

"Speak," I said, my voice contradictory to the violent thunder of my heart.

"Will talk later. Let me take some rest"

My anger increased exponentially at his remark that I stood up, crossing arms around my chest. His head lifted, honey-brown eyes pouring honey in me. I pushed the thought away. "Ah-Ah, don't you dare shut the conversation and shut me up? I am not taking this attitude from you. I need a reason. Why did you interrupt me so abruptly and didn't even let me say bye to Jessica? YOu know she is in her full term, and I met her after weeks. What was that behaviour, Alex? That was so childish, seriously. And now you say that there is nothing to- Ahhh!"

He caught me by surprise when I crashed into his muscular chest, and his lips crashed on me. The gigantic hands took tight hold of my tiny waist and pushed me against his chest as he slid his tongue inside my mouth. All the anger seemed to decapitate. The hot lava boiling inside me turned into steam as our lips collided and for a minute, whispers of our kissing were the only sound.

I shifted into his grasp, wiggling my shoulders to come out of the stronghold of his arms around me. "Let go."

As the words left my mouth, I looked up at him, and my entire body stilled. All those months and I had never seen such depth in his eyes. There were so many emotions I couldn't name... but the eyes were burning. The honey brown eyes were resembling the flames of the sun.

"Do you have slightest of the idea of what you are doing to me? Do you... hmm?" he said, as he cupped my cheeks with his palm, his thumb gently rubbing my cheekbones. "Ever since you've come into my life, all I could think of is you. All I care about is you. YOu have no fucking idea how scared I got when Andre told me that someone is spying on you. And when I confirmed it with Mark... I fucking lost it. I knew they were not gonna do anything if I will be present there. But the thought of you so, so close to danger, made me angry. And I swear, Teresa, I have never been this angry in my life. Never."