chapter 51:Power

A/N

Before we move any further, there are some points I wanted to discuss with y’all.

1. Thank you for supporting the book so far. I never expected such a huge response and I am truly grateful to all of you.

2. Tell me in the comments about how much you liked this chapter.

SPECIAL THANKS to @suhailaomar for being the inspiration behind this chapter.

Happy reading!

🌸🌸🌸

Alex’s POV

“What is the report?”

“Well, for starters, there is no moment nearby that area, and it seems that the location where they have kept her is rather discrete. According to Guillaume, there will be someone from his connection who is going to help us in the area.”

We had been driving for half an hour. The location they kept her in, least to say, was rather a commendable thinking. A place outside the city border, near the slum area where such things are common and no one would suspect anything fishy. An area suited for anyone to commit sins hidden even from the eyes of god.

With every mile we took, the pounded in my heart defeated the prediction how hard it could beat. Even though my eyes were on the road ahead, my mind travelled beyond. It travelled to where my heart and soul belonged. I wonder if I ever had felt such fury inside me. A rush of rage and restlessness within every cell of this body that by my amusement I did not evaporate yet, and strangled everything within my range like a nuclear bomb. I am coming. I am coming to get you. I chanted the mantra over and over again, hoping she would listen and would not break. Not that she was not strong, but hope could be on the thinnest thread when danger lurked over your head.

What would they be doing to her?

I clenched the hand into a fist, veins popping out of the force. Had they… had they or any of them laid a hand on her? Or were they torturing her with verbal abuse? What purpose could it be? If they were going to negotiate with me with a gun pointed at her forehead, how many ways could I rip every inch of their skin?

I guess some answers were to be left on the time.

I closed my eyes and took a long breath. A gentle squeeze on my bicep made me snap the head at the blazing Jacob, who was smiling a sad smile.

“She will be safe.”

I nodded.

“She is my best friend. A sister, in fact. I can never truly understand how you feel right now, but I know she has to be okay, and I know you need her. ”

I gazed at Jacob for a moment more than necessary with cold ice rage brewing and plotting against them. My head moved vertically in an appreciative nod, to convey the unspoken words that it meant something to me. Not that it did anything to calm the rage. I needed her. I needed Teresa from the moment she stepped her foot inside my car and into my life. A truth, heavier than any concrete, hit my face. I did not want to live any moment longer than a second without her in my life. It was all in front of my eyes. Every thing she had done to me or every barrier I had crossed for her.

My eyes snapped outside the window, looking at the buildings passing by with people engaged in their chit-chat as we approached near and near to the location.

All of this time, these months, and they underestimated the stretch of my hands to grab the threads of connections. The influence of my name. Adam, Eliana and Rober for once in their life looked down Alex McOwen.