Chapter 13: Facing the past

Teresa’s Pov

It was finally Saturday. Alex would pick me up at 8:30 PM. Last weekend when he told me about the party, I knew exactly what I wanted to wear. It was time to turn heads with my navy blue satin sheer dress, having an asymmetrical pattern over the breast with a cowl neckline. Since Alex was taking me to a business party, I tried to achieve a nude makeup look with nude peach lipstick, bronzer and brown eyeshadow. leaving my hair in beach wave curls over my shoulder.

I grabbed my silver clutch and heels and headed downstairs, locking the apartment behind. There stood Alex, leaning against the limo, making me roll my eyes at the show off. Not that my stomach didn’t turn in excitement, as I always wished to be in a limo, let alone this big. My eyes shifted to the bulky man with hands tugged in the pant pocket. I gasped as I saw him wearing the navy blue three-piece suit with a red tie and white shirt beneath. God Damn, we were matching the outfit colours and he… he was looking so good. I bit my bottom lip as I examined him shamelessly from top to bottom, my eyes undressing him with looks.

He smirked as he extended his hand towards me, his wrist paired in the cufflinks I gifted him two days back. I assume this man could be sexy as hell anytime.

“Hey.” I said, smiling as I headed close to him. He grabbed my chin with his index finger and thumb, another hand holding my waist close to his torso as his lips touched mine. I smiled over the kiss, pecking and savouring his taste. I think I could never tire of him doing such things to me. That bolt of electricity I felt every time his lips touch mine and every time he grabbed me, it was sensational and unrealistic. Nothing I had experienced ever before.

“Mmm... Why do you always have to look this delicious?” he said over my lips, as he pecked my lips once more.

He pulled my hand towards the car as we settled ourselves inside.

My eyes twinkled at the neat and shining golden-white interior, making me gasp at the sheer beauty. I looked at Alex, flashing my teeth at him. “Oh, my god! This is so beautiful. I have never been in a limo and this is amazing. Thank you, but you seriously have to stop spoiling me with your richness. It makes me feel terrible.”

He came closer, hand resting on my waist as he leaned more into me like one more inch lower and he would kiss my breast. The thought alone sent shivers down my spine, heat forming on the cheeks. His lips touched the crook of my neck, sucking the flesh lightly. “If that is the case, I would love to spoil my girl in a million other ways as well.”

The hot breath of his mouth was like feathers running down my spine. Soft, ticklish, yet so very hot. He had not been holding himself whenever we were together. Here and there, Alex would kiss or just rest his hand on my waist, thigh or shoulder. But whenever his mouth was close to the crook of my neck, it took all of my willpower to hold myself. It took last shreds of self-control to stay in my position and not attack him like a crazy cat, scratching his back with my nails while he slam himself…. Shut the fuck up! There is this word called control bitch!

“Don’t do that,” I said, voice several octaves low.

“Don’t do what, baby?” I could feel his lips turning in a smirk at the proximity of his closeness.

“You know what I am talking about, Alex,” I whispered.

He lifted his head up, hypnotizing me with those honey-brown orbs as he smirked, showing he knew what he was doing.

We reached the party venue, which was nothing but a lavish rich shit I was least interested in. I admit the ambience was warm, but there was some kind of fakeness everywhere. Alex took my hand, and we headed towards where his assistant was waiting for us, leaving every judging eye behind us.