Chapter 39

Teresa's POV

Much to my expectations, as soon as Alex sat his foot inside, I stood up from the living room couch. Crossing my legs, I adjusted my weight on my right leg with a frantic tap of my left foot on the floor.

"Speak," I said.

Alex raised his brows, irritated by my bossy tone. Well, I mean, I can't feed the ego of this man when mine had a high appetite as his.

He sat on the white leather single sofa near the fireplace right to my side. His left foot resting on his right knee, hands sprawled on the armrest of the chair. Like a king ready to throw and catch tantrums of his queen. Okay, I accept he was looking sexy as hell, complimenting the white sofa with his black 3 piece suit, which he might have changed to go to the office.

And damn my fucking ovaries to rain at the power he was throwing at me with his eyes. I licked my lower lips and composed the urgent feeling of fucking him in the position he was sitting.

I raised my brows at him, as a gesture to speak. "There is nothing to talk about. I got a call from Jacob after you left. He was there to get me a file when Adam and Eliana bombarded me. They started creating a scene, and I had to be there."

"And you did not expect me to be there?" I stated as the matter of fact. He shook his head in dismissal.

Not that I wanted to be in their presence, not like that. Unprepared and panicked. When I reached home, and on the way back home, I calmed myself down. But the question was we fought yesterday about the same damn thing as well. Hearing things from Eliana made me anxious and worried more about the current situation. Now that my lovely boyfriend played the stunt with Lewis, they would be hungry for revenge. Robert was silent. Extremely quiet as if the winds had gone quiet to welcome a hurricane, waiting to crash our worlds most destructively.

Damn my life.

"Were you going to tell me that they visited you if I were not to crash your meeting?" I asked, and his calm face turned stony with a clenched jaw, showing that he won't. "I guess I have got my answer. Why did she whisper in my ear that you are hiding some truth about me?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, lips pursed in a thin line as he took a moment. "She is a maniac. Don't you see she is manipulating you and you are letting her do that? That woman had the guts to come into my office and ask for me to rectify a mistake I had not even committed."

"And you are not a maniac to play with their bread and butter?"

"Why do you care? Why do you care if they live or die, Teresa?" He asked.

"I am not saying that I care for them. I am stating the moral facts here. Triggering someone's source of income isn't ethically correct."

"You are too innocent if you think the shitty company was their only source of income, baby."

I furrowed my brows at that. "I-I don't know? I mean-"

He shook his head in disbelief, lifting his chin to me. He lifted his right hand in the air, shaking the index finger as a sign for me to come near him. I obliged. Once I was a foot away from him, he held my wrist and pulled me towards his lap. I landed with a force and a groan, legs resting sideways. His hands travelled to my waist, and others rested on my upper thigh rubbing and making unidentical patterns.

"I am sick of this fighting daily, daily." He said, using his authoritative tone with a pinch of calmness as his eyes drifted from my eyes to lips.

"Me too. But, I can tell that you are not telling me everything and we have stretched this topic more than it should have. You are working day and night, barely spending quality time with me after... after, you know, the attack." I said as I rested my head on his muscular chest.

I felt my head rise as he took a deep breath. His grip on my waist travelled to the ribs, resting just beneath my breast. "I know, and I am sorry that you had to see them today. If only I knew you were coming, I would have erased the trace of their existence. Not that I don't want to."

I laughed, feeling my chest thunder a bit at his words. "You are talking as if you will kill them."

"I will." He stated, taking my breath away from my lungs. I snapped my head to look at his serious face. He raised his right brow as if clearing the clouds of doubt and telling me silently that he would. He would kill them.

I gulped and tried to ignore the fact that he was wad bit powerful. I looked into his eyes, feeling the warmth of belonging in them. "I guess I acted like that because I panicked. Every time I see someone fighting, I have flashbacks of those days. That is why I avoided college parties. One fight and I would lose my mind. But things worsen when I see Adam and Eliana as well. So, when you punched him in the guts, every single thing came crashing down to me. I had this ringing sound inside of me, screaming at me to run. And that's what I did."

"I am so sorry, baby."

"I know you are, choco pie. All I want is honesty between us. I have nothing to hide from you, but somehow you are giving me reasons to not confide in yourself."

He exhaled a shaken breath, brows knitting together as if he was fighting some inner turmoil. I want him to trust me with his words so that he could share things with me. Rely on my shoulder like I could, anytime, any day.

"Robert is planning something... big. I know he is, and I am getting insane about what he is gonna do. Now that he has involved the mafia, involving government is no option and I cannot fight this alone. So, let's just say I am freaking out about it. I promise, baby, if I would need your help, I will call you."

I looked into his eyes, my own on the brink of falling a tear. God! I love this man. "You promise, choco pie?"

"I promise if you stop calling me that." He said, his full pink lips lifting in an amused curve.

"Having constipation for a week would be much better than not calling you choco pie. So, no promises taken and given, sweetie."

He chuckled at me, giving his million-dollar smile as his eyes twinkled with happiness. "Okay, how about we go on a trip?"

I raised my brows at him. Half a year (almost) of us knowing each other and we never had a trip. My heart fluttered like a mad butterfly, sitting on the sweetest flower in the garden, sipping its reward. I could trade quitting chocolate for a week to spend time with his undivided attention.

He was so good. Damn smooth at vanishing my worries and anger towards him. One question was all it took him to divert my fucking mind from the events of the morning. "YES! Oh my god, fucking yes. When? Where? How long? I will have to shop for so many things. Can I get three suitcases with me? Of course, I can, right? And maybe I can have a professional camera for pictures. Shit, I don't have any. I need-"

He pecked my lips and pushed me towards his chest. His lips touched the corner of my mouth, "Shhh.... you speak too much. It's been a long day already and you are sitting in an uncompromised position for my cock. Let's get these legs of yours to some use, hmm? Fuck me on this couch. Let me feel your pussy wrapped around me."

And that's what I did.

A/N

I know you all are tired of reading this in almost every chapter. But I request you to kindly like, review and comment on this book.

It means a lot to me guys. Your support is all I need and ask for. Also, I NEED to know how you all are liking the story so far.

Happy reading!