Meeting Menma for the First Time

(This is a Flashback Chapter to how Menma got his hands on Tsunade)

It was a stormy day in the ninja world. Tsunade and her Medical team had responded to a call of a Konoha team needing medical assistance. Tsunade was in for a surprise when she saw Dan, her lover that was slowly dying.

 Tsunade was in for a surprise when she saw Dan, her lover that was slowly dying

After all her healing, Tsunade couldn't save Dan

After all her healing, Tsunade couldn't save Dan. Now she was all alone. Her brother gone and now her lover. During the times if grieving, Tsunade was making herself get drunk and even attempted suicide multiple times. But there was always someone to stop her and comfort her the best way they can. That person was Shizune. She was the niece of Dan and Tsunade's Apprentice and Attendant. In these trying times, Shizune would do her utmost to help Tsunade. One night, Shizune had to leave to go to the store and told Tsunade to rest and all will be okay. Tsunade didn't say anything but stayed in her room. It was quiet, no sound all except for the little taps outside from the rain. It was then Tsunade heard the door open and close but Shizune didn't say anything like she always does. Tsunade took this opportunity to stand up and go see what it was. She looked around the house only to see nothing or no one. It was strange, she knew she heard the door open and close like someone entered the house. She then began to head to the kitchen and get herself something to drink to calm herself down. That's when she jumped at the sound of Thunder hitting and a person speaking.

???: A tragic loss huh?

She turned around and got in the defensive position to see the Shillouete of the figure sitting on the couch.

Tsunade: Wh-who are you? And how did you get inside the house?

???: Oh relax. I'm not gonna harm you. I came in through the front door. It seems your attendant forgot to fully close the door.

Tsunade slowly approached the figure since the house was dark and she couldn't see well of who was in front of her.

???: Take another step and you will step on a piece of glass that you caused from breaking this dear photo of you and...Oh I shouldn't say his name but what the hell, Dan~?

This made Tsunade fall to her knees and began to cry. Anyone who said the name Dan in front of her, she would burst into tears. The figure stood up and walked to her before kneeling down to her level and touch her forehead. She stopped crying and looked up to only see that the person's face was covered by a mask. He then stood up and began to head out the window, opening it.