Chapter 4 - To the door that toasted the man's car

"I'm back." The man smiled, seemed happy to see her again.

To which he bumped into her coincidentally and she has no idea what to talk or say to her friend except- don't hit on him.

"He's like my gay best friend." She splurted out, before Melvina could say anything.

"Oh- he's gay. Ooh." She let out at the end. Wanting to hold him by the arm to which was blocked by Avery.

"And you- you, why are you here?"

"Avery, who's that?" Her red-headed friend chimed. Pretending the previous conversation didn't existed and played with her below curled ironed-hair.

"Oh- just some guy I met at the party." She lied. "He serves muffin frostings." She added, "And you, young lady, owe me a favor." She said, almost like a threat to pay back what she did to her, a finger to her almost scrawny and protruding collar bone.

"What, I don't- and I'm not-" The man was cut off with a grab on his hand.

"Shut up." She seethed, "Oh, and thank you for the money of $300. The party was great." She smiled innocently, lying again.

"You're welcome." He walked along beside her. "And where did the rest of the money go? I mean the dress only looked like $20, it could have at least been a return money for it."

She blatantly kept her head empty to keep her from answering.

This man.

Borrowing money then asking for it's return? Not when he has borrowed it to a single young lady whose a party would be ruined if not for her dress she's wearing, and out of sheer heart he offered back then. Was he really just a stinjy man? It's clearly not the best question of a topic you could ask in an aftermath.

She ignored him.

"So, I can't believe I tried to push the door open while it was locked." She spoke flatly, trying to change the subject, trying to reminisce a memory to talk about, one that isn't embarrassing, self-centered nor disturbing for him to hear.
"My friend, she's kind of possessive, so it'd be great if you'd play along and act like one of the teenagers." She smiled innocently, didn't know how far along she walked until he gave her a smile.

To which she halted.

She thought she had a date with the man with the butterfly masks but this looked decent enough to talk to. And maybe extort some more money along the way- in the future.

"You aren't going to blackmail me and try to demand more money from me than you borrowed me right." She softly rubbed his arm up and down.

"What are you saying. I'm at your service." He smiled innocently, secretly enjoying the rub on his arm until it turned warm.

She was in awe at his response. "Okay, let's go back. And don't hit on my friend." She threatened him.

He looked up in response, playfully, at the ceiling, not promising, but at the same time knowing he wouldn't do that, and almost not promisingly but she knew he wasn't serious or trying to bring her down, her status.

The Narrator added.

"So." The red-headed friend who kept a secret from telling Averithe the master plan turned around- the sales from the castle opening scene- chimed. Her name was Melvanie. An odd name when she heard it, but no underhanded reaction was given out, to her relief.

"She's the man I met, and we're just acquaintanced." She softly rubbed his upper arm again, putting a hand on it and stayed frozen there- like a burrito in the fridge.
Until she thought turned a bit too hot for her liking, to which she panicked.