Chapter 35 - Cab and the Hotel

What's taking you so long?" She asked impatiently, almost snapping at him the moment that he returned, that she watched him rather lavishly and relaxingly as he walked, and as his foot padded on the piles of snow that his boots treaded hard, and almost sinking a bit but lifted up the moment it sunken slightly.

She was quite amazed, she had to admit.

But it didn't explain what took him so long to find a single ride, and the nerve to leave her alone for hours on the freezing, snowy sidewalk. Which she looked at her tiny wrist-watch just to be about an hour or so. She was embarrassed to admit. As she looked away, but glanced at him as he was coming closer.

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing he said as he approached to her wrapped up figure.
He was quite glad to look at her. To see her, and to him, all he saw was her standing by the sidewalk surrounded by snow and tiny piles of frosted flakes which was what made his heart warm. It made him warm all over. All the way to the core.

Nonetheless, she saw him not bringing anything in both of his hands, and so she asked, "You didn't bring anything?"

"No. I couldn't find the shop." He ran a hand through his hair lightly, "I'm sorry, I couldn't buy you a scarf." He spoke. Looking at her.

"That's okay." She replied. He had not a single godly idea of how cold she felt, or how on the verge of a closeness she was to freezing. Or maybe just feeling a little bit chilly at the moment.

"So, what are we going to do now?" She looked up. She was starting to feel helpless standing for hours at the sidewalk. The daredevil of a man who left her alone and almost got eaten by some vampires. She did not, though.

"I was hoping to find the cheapest, quickest cab to get to the house, but it seemed impossible and my mobile doesn't seem to be working; it seemed to be dead, so the only way was to come back here." He spoke quietly.
"And the signal seemed to be stronger around this city. Maybe I shouldn't have wasted my time." He spoke, gathering an arm around himself and rubbing it slightly.

And maybe you should have taken me with you and not fend on your own. Her mind thought out.

"Oh." She replied flatly, her expression not changing, staring at the road before her.

"But in any case, I should be getting some signal right about now, and it should be easy to call a cab." He added, to her relief.

And to him that she looked, she looked to be quite amused at his part of speech, "I couldn't find the signal.. And it took forever to book a cab. We should stay in a hotel soon enough, and relax our bodies while we get the time. You could take a warm shower. Or even a bath tub. Once we get there you might want to take a shower and get some sleep. Hopefully we'll reach my house by tomorrow. And hopefully get a cab soon." He muttered at the end. He was met with silence. And he peeked a glance and saw her making a grumpy, pouting face at him.

That was a bad news to see.

"Even though it might be all dusty.." He muttered under his breath, almost inaudible, but she heard him through her ears. As he tweaked his phone and pressed all the buttons that he knew of.

To which he replied at her pouting face as he glanced at her again, "I'm sorry, but it's just not possible to reach my house right at the moment by sundown. Things could get a lot.. freezy in here." He said, with a weird part of speech that he just sputtered which shocked her, to her core, but it was not that shocking.

"It would take a while for us to get to the house, and the quickest way is for us is to rent a hotel. The taxis here have a.. time limit." He added.