Chapter 4 - Breathe

The wedding was over.

Yes, it was.

Now she had a ring on her finger. And now she was on her way down to the cold floors of the airport. To her at least, on the cold, marbled floors and that she was stroding down next to her new husband. It all felt extremely surreal. That she was in another country, and now she was leaving for her home.

Leaving Renesmee behind.

She didn't directly say it.

To Renesmee, she had to explain that she'd forgotten she was on vacation and was on a leave for her home country. It was difficult, but not at all difficult to say until it struck what she'd sounded out against her lips. She didn't explain that much of a blabber to Renesmee herself. Just the simple stuff, and it was difficult enough seeing the response on her face.

She was a good company. And she was starting to miss her; a whole lot, not helping that walking down the floor of the white color made it more reason for her to think back about it.

For all the other reasons she didn't know.
Saddening. To think about- how Renesmee looked disappointed. And how she was lonely, walking alone on the way to the air cabin. Minus the husband by her side.

And didn't have much time to think about as the chatters of the crowd-- minimal sounded, rung against her ears, as well as her luggage that stroded down behind her.

And it was meaningless to say to notice and hear the whispers around her. It was small. She knew. They wanted to keep it private, but of course they couldn't. She was a vampire. It was useless. It took almost all of her to ignore the urge to look and turn to them. To snap her neck against them and hush them against their humanity-  somewhat.

"Are you okay?" Cain asking, so suddenly
that she turned.

"Yes." She mumbled in response.
In absentmindedness, having no idea as to how to stop the hushing whispers she's heard from all the way since she got both her padded snowed boots on the trail. Onto the noisy crunches of the luggage, and how she had no idea how she could stop the turning heads and whispers that were seemingly obvious.
She didn't have, or had eaten ketchup, no. She was halfway down to the airport, and she still had a long way to go.

The airplane.

This was going to be a long ride.

She knew. And she didn't even know how the food would even taste, and how the drinks would taste when they'd be served. Let alone how her taste buds would take it in, and how much it'd changed. She wouldn't have known. How much, and how it would taste, tasting human food. A mundane.

She seldom heard the vampires of Russia say. The foods tasted terrible, and how they would've cooked up much more to be delicious and salivating-looking. On a bigger portion. And onto a figure that they looked much more mature,
more prowess, and more of a disdain-looking than what she'd expected, or what she'd observed during her vacation. Or even experienced in her home country.

They just looked.. larger.

And now it was time to go home. Her mind reminded. And she didn't like it one bit, as she held back a sigh.

She heaved and let out a sigh of a puffing cloud into the air. Breathing out. Onto the more positive situation, she was now married. Yes, she was. And she didn't know what would come after that.

Renovate the house?

Make some babies?

She didn't know.

She didn't want to think about it much more, any of it, or even much further than that.

And on her way that she walked down through the cold weather as she dragged her suitcase with her, with Cain offering to carry it for her, walking alongside her as tradition, and which she obliged with glee, as now Cain had his hands full, carrying both of their luggages.