Chapter 2 - The entrance to the Ballroom

"Ugh, would you quit it!"

"But I'm not even touching you." The man in the glasses with no beard and looked younger as 17 years old puts his hands up in surprise.

"No, you did touch me, if not how could I stumble like that, you idiot!"

The man grimaced and walked away, as he turned around.

Ave sighed as she crossed her arms, feeling like the most saggiest woman in the world, -in history, having to attend a party, which she thought was a cheap dress sale her friends recommended at first, hoping for a discount, and ended up with a gala ball of royals which she couldn't turn around because she doesn't have any money to pay for the taxi fare, nor the dress to enter the ballroom itself. Which now turned out to be a ruckus, because she is not only confused, but a complete wreck as she tried to cover her butt from being seen by other people wearing puff gowns and glorifying dresses.

Which doesn't help that now her mind is empty, and that she's doing nothing but standing in front of the top stairs reaching to the door entrance. Topping off with a circle mud on her butt center. She decided to muster up the courage to go up the stairs and enter the first hall of the castle. At least.

"I hate this place."

"Can I help you, ma'am?" A man in a tuxedo as old as 50 asked in courtesy.

"With what." Ame asked blankly.

"With your dress of course. You aren't going to attend the ballroom party looking like that."

"Looking like what." Ame asked. Almost wanted to threaten the man derived from the shame that little dent of mud caused on her butt. Which she probably thought was wet, dark and brown.

"Um- A beautiful woma who just arrived on- uhm-" He looked down to see what Ave was desperately passionatelt trying to clean off or hide from him. As he saw her hands waving aimlesslt at her buttocks, he finally saw a brownish dent on her buttocks. "Butt." He splurted oht.

"Oh, would you quit your flimsy uncourtesied excuses. I can't bare take a look at these dresses-" She failed her arm around, "-because I don't have any money."

"Oh, that's not to worry about. We can write you a check and you could write down your home address." He tried to be polite.

"Forget it." Ame lifted a hand and walked away, only to be discovered by thunder and she mourned. Her face muscles shot in surprise as her mood went down as she realised that it dawned on her that she had to go inside. Or she'll get wet walking 20km home.

"Shit." She cursed, heaving to relent out her happiness and drowsy disappointment at the moment, walking back to the stairs, tan and rough as she made her way back to the yellow light, filled with sparkly glitter dark dresses and men old enough to be her father and step dad, some are young, she thought, but the majority of the scene before her eyes were men with sharp noses and almost protruding bellies, holding a wine in one hand with a distinct chatter with the movement of a thousand mouths.

She didn't realise how long she's been standing until another human person nudged her quite hard.

"Excuse me, watch yourself I'm in a bad mood."

"Well, you should be the one watch yourself who doesn't stand in an open door." The man quite handsome raised an eyebrow, Ame noticing the man with one hand in his pocket returned a perfectly born natural eyebrow.

She narrowed her eyes as she watched the man with a tuxedo walked away, his back leaning towards the chandelier direction. Which she wished the chandelier would pretentiously magically fall on him and someone would call an ambulance, remembering the scene of Red Sparrow, which she awfully remembered the main character got her ankle purposely broken by her partner who in order to cheat with another woman in the toilet.