Chapter 34 - Fire and Light

It was time to go to his house.

It didn't seem that urgent, but it was important as he looked at her.

Which he understood completely as she stood beside him. Unwanted and unwavering, like a beautiful piece of flower as he watched her, and that she is.

A Half-vampire.

Maybe. Which irked him, since he felt it to be weird. She was human, he was sure of. He had sensed no vampire blood and she was human through and through. And it had irked him that he wasn't able to figure it out. And all that he could do, or even explain was that she was a half. Weirdly to put it so. He had no way to say it, but he had become really good at his own job to notice it, or put a finger down on it. And to which it seemed that she was not, at a first glance, but then the way that she moved pestered him to be that she was.

And it made him deeply glad; grateful, and honored to be able to meet such a woman such as her, as he stared at her both frozen cheeks -- or flushed with veins as he saw, who was now close as ever next to him. More than he could ever think of, and it also would cause a deep regret, if anything would happen to her. Or to them

As he looked over to her, and she didn't quite as so give a slight respond to him that he spoke, "Averithe, I'm going to the other side of town-- a scarf. I want to buy you one, so would you please wait for me..?" He asked.

And Averithe nodded in return, as if the spells of the chills got to her, and she almost had her teeth chattered in the current weather.

She wouldn't freeze to death, he noticed.

And it had been after a momentary, that he told her that they were going to call a cab afterwards. And she would have to wait for a passing cab. The place, his house was far away from there and it would take them hours to arrive, so he told her to just wait, stand there until a lucky cab came along, as he went to buy her a warming silk scarf.

If she had to see a taxi by chance, he had already gave her a slip of his address. In Russian as she was bewildered as she stared down with a notice of her eyes, and she understood as she nodded.

And which he walked away with so much as a smiling face, and a nod to her before he turned and walked away, deeply smiling inside at how he made the right decision -- to just come down and take her to Russia itself, his birth town.
If not for the man at the cafe earlier, it would have been a blasting day for him.

Averithe was now, as of the moment, left alone at the side of the streets. As the falling snow filled her vision, she could only think of what a strange country it is, and her home.

She had thought, of what purpose she had to be here. Or what she was doing. And what the hell he wanted that he had to take her here. She didn't know what she was doing in Russia, and it also made no sense that she would go to travel with a man she didn't know of, whom she'd only known for 3-4 months. If estimated, it could only be half a year.

And she hadn't counted. She didn't need to. She hated it. And she hated school. But the snow seemed to calm her as she stood, the pole the only thing that kept her company. Besides the tall buildings and a fact that she was alone.

Or a thought, that she did, he might be hiding secrets, and one of which she wouldn't know a thing of. She was now left standing alone at the sidewalk where it piled up the most snow. It seemed to miraculously pile up into a gigantic pancake and a layering of burgers she couldn't quite describe. And the snow all at once seemed to bulge anonymously under her feet. Which was squashed and sunken after a period amount of time.

Which she paid no mind to. As she could only feel the cushiony feeling beneath her feet, and of when it came again. The annoying feeling, the red crimson of her veins on her cheeks as the burst of a flower of when she remembered it happening moments ago. When she fell in love.