Burnt Pages

Mia POV

Boy I was glad the whole letters bull was over. I dont have to look at Raven and Manny smiling at each other laughing. Fred was cool and all but I kept it school related.

Our teacher seemed pretty pleased but I'm sure it was a front. For us all it was a lot to deal with. Back in her boring class she smiled hard at the class.

"Hello class. So as you all know the first project was excellent good job. Now for the best part we'll all go outside and burn the pages. To make sure nobody knows anything."

Everybody clapped their hands and followed her outside. Once we got outside I helped Fred rip and burn pages. Not that it was juicy stuff in the notebook or anything.

Looking over at Raven and Manny I noticed they reread pages before burning them then laugh afterwards. Was I jealous of them? Of course not I'm his girl and he my man.

Fred smalled talk so I paid attention to him. In two weeks I've learnt Fred don't have it all. I got so emotional I had to remind myself this was just a silly assignment.

Getting over it I decided to catch up with my girls afterschool. The girls loved my house only because Darcy hooked them up.

"So your tripping about a project really?" Ivy asked. "Hmm yes I am. They look like they bonded and I don't like it." I said honestly. "Mia chill out. Nobody can replace you." Brook said.

"Yeah maybe I'm just glad it's all over." I said. "My parents are going away soon I'm thinking about having a party." Ivy said smiling.

"I'm not in a party mood." Brook said seriously. "Why man?" I said looking at her. "Let me guess Devin right?" Ivy said. "No." Brook said lying.

"What did he do anyways?" I asked. "I don't know." Brook lied again. "Yeah well I'm in Ivy." I said. "Yay are you postive you out Brook?" Ivy asked. "Yeah I'm sure it's a no for me."

Brook looked off to the side poutting. Something is really up. Finally the girls left as Darcy just finished tonight's meal.

Taking a shower I lay in bed watching Being mary jane Manny called me. "Hey baby." I said. "What's up baby?" He asked asked. "I was just thinking about you." I said smiling. "That's cute I was thinking about you to." He said. "Aww manny. Where are you?" I asked. "At a friends house." He said. "Boy it's going on Eleven o clock on a school night."

"Don't worry about it boo. I'm a big boy now I know how to hang." He said. "Hmm no I'm not to sure about that. I don't agree with you being out late."

"Mia stop! You sound like my mom. Are you my girl or my mother?" Manny asked. "I'm your girl baby." I answered. "Okay then act like it girl." "Alright but still you heard what I said though."

"I was calling you to tell you goodnight and I love you." He said. "Aww goodnight I love you too baby." Hanging up I held my pillow and fell asleep.

Tuesday 6:00am

My alarm goes off. Jumping up I cut on my ipod as I got ready for school. Once I finished I ate pancakes and bacon. Drinking my last bit of orange juice I was out.

In math class I had to pay attention. I had lost focus already and that doesn't need to happen. My parents will never let me hear the last of that.

Once lunch came around I eased up on myself as I sat with my girls. "Ladies." I said sitting down. "Hey Mia. How's it going?" Ivy asked.

"Oh it's going." I said looking at Brook. She just sat there like a bump on a log. "Brook?" I said. "What up?" "You good?" "Yeah I'm good." She said.

Moments later Manny walks up to me smiling super hard. Sitting next to me he put his hand on my thigh. "Ladies." He said then looked back at me.

"Listen we got invited to this big football party. If your unsure now you got until the weekend to let me know." He kissed my cheek and got up to leave.

Ivy smiled while Brook looked away rolling her eyes. Seriously what's up with her? As the bell rung I was off to literature class.

The rest of the day consists of me thinking of a way to get my girl to talk. It's only one thing she likes best and that's Golden carol. Although Brook was skinny she ate like a fat girl.

No offence to my big girls I love you the same trust me I got my ways to. Finding Brook outside she was in a crowd with another group of girls.

When we start doing that? We've never stepped outside of just us three. But yet here Brook was with not only three but four of them.

Walking up on her I called her over. "Hey Brook. May I have a word please?" Brook huffed and puffed but brung her ass right to me.

"Listen I don't know what's up with you but, I got this little dinner date for us planned out. You don't have to tell me your answer now just think about it."

She looked at me and then to the other girls. "Where to?" She asked. "Your favorite." Brook clapped and smiled. "Omgee love you girl." She said hugging me.

Grabbing my keys to go I made my way home. Once inside I noticed Morgan and creep in the kitchen eating fried chicken with yellow rice.

Putting up my things, I took a shower, and did my homework. Getting my dinner I ate and watched a movie. Laying down I watched Get rich or die tryin' 50 cent looked mad cute.

Calling Manny he picked up on first ring. "Yo." He answered. "Yo?" "Oh hey baby." He said. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Just got home not to long ago." Looking at the time it was Ten o clock. "Oh okay."

"So you thought about the party or not?" "Nope." I said. "Babe cmon you know this is important to me. I already know I made the football team. The coach said he needs me."

"I'm proud of you." I told him. "So please come other football couples are in the building to, but we top line of the best. We shine together plus mingling with other girls can be good for you."

"What gives you that idea?" I asked him. "Well if you haven't noticed Brook hangs with some thuggish girls, and w seen Ivy hanging with a couple people to. Just think about it my girl. You should try out meeting new people."

"What? At first you were all about keeping me to self and girls. Now you want me to socialize with other people?" I asked. "Yeah." "Where is this coming from?" I asked him.

"Mia what are you talking about?" "Since the letter project you've been open to a couple new people. Did raven open you up?" I asked him. "Cmon
Mia chill you really tripping off some burnt up pages?"