Giving Thanks

Mia

I was ready for this moment all week long. It came faster than i thought. It was thanksgiving morning.

My mom had me doing everything with the help of darcy. She had been hard on me since my fight with manny. She even called my daddy and he was pissed.

It was cool though because i was done with mannys ass for good. That was not necassary or called for really.

Setting up the house it smelt good and i was ready to get it started. Getting in the shower i washed my body. Brushed my teeth then did my hair.

My mom helped me pick a cute sweater dress with thigh high boots to match my fly. She barely wanted to buy it for me because i had pissed her off.

Trust me ive learnt my lesson i really did. As i got done the doorbell was ringing as i got it. Darcy was still busy putting the finishing touches on things.

It was brook and ivy standing before me all smiles. "Hello ladies welcome." I said being polite. They laughed at me and entered the house.

We sat at the table and waited for morgan and charles. I didnt even know she was visiting really. Once the bell rung i knew it was her.

Rolling my eyes i sat at the table and smiled at my girls. They did the same as morgan and charles scrolled in. Settling down we started grace.

After darcy placed food trays on the table. Everybody face lit up as we were about to dig in. My mom began to talk.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Raven pov

Ms.Marshall had picked out both me and pierre thanksgiving outfit. I wore a cute suit that was navy blue. Pierre wore a suit as well with a orange botton up blouse.

He looked nice but i was fly myself. I almost couldnt recognize who i was. Walking to the table i sat down and donald finished up.

The doorbell rung pierre smiled and got up. Moments later the chick from school walks in. Ms.Marshall walked in and sat down. Looking to her right she stared at the girl.

I didnt know what to do my mind said run but my feet couldnt move. She cleared her throat and looked at both me and pierre.

I swallowed hard and looked off to the side. Grabbing my glass of juice i drunk some. Honestly i just wonted to eat.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Manny pov

All morning my mom was being a real pain in my ass. I had cleaned up and helped her cook and all of that.

My only request was to have my pops over for dinner. Instead my mom was running off at the mouth like always yapping about some other dude.

Well this time i didnt care i called him and told him to come anyways. When the doorbell rung i smiled.

Going to the door my mom came running ahead of me blocking the door."Mama for real? Thats just wild. You not gone let my pops in?"

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Mia pov

"So let me start by saying im grateful to have you all here. Its a pleasure sitting amongst friends and family who you love." She spoke almost tearing up.

Hell i almost did to that was beautiful. "So what do you all give thanks for?" My mom asked. We started with Morgan.

"I give thanks for being blessed to be attending school achieving my goals. For meeting charles and having my familys support." Morgan said.

"Im grateful for my life and being able to sit here and have dinner with you folks." Charles said.

"Im grateful for my family and my friends and everything to the small things." I said. Ivy and brook agreed as we laughed.
❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Raven

"Okay what i would like to know is who is this and where she come from?" Ms.Marshall said.

I looked at pierre. "Yeah this my friend trina flowers." We both looked at her. "She dont a family to eat with so i figured why not?"

Pierre kept talking. "Come on auntie you have a heart its thanksgiving she a good girl." He kept ranting.

She looked like she wonted to run like me. I just stayed quiet. "Pierre hush , hush now its okay. Any friend of yours is a friend of the family." She spoke.

If my jaw dropped i could believe it. I was not expecting that response at all. I hope she this open arms when she or if she ever meet tony.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Manny pov

My mom moved aside looking me in my eyes the entire time. Opening the door for my pops i smiled. He dapped me with a hug. "My man whats up?"

"Hey pops." I said walking us inside and closing the door. Inside the kitchen the food was done. My mom sat at the table with her head in her hands.

"Hello Ava how are you?" My dad asked. She just sat there shaking her head. I couldnt believe her attitude. We sat down and dug in.

Moments later me and my pops were having a good conversation until the bell rung again. It was my moms boyfriend.

"Hey everyone." He said we all just looked expect my mom. She hugged him and kissed him. Which was disrespectful.

Yeah i guess i was in my feelings i just left me and pops. He asked where i was going and took me to actually where i wanted to go.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Mia pov

We all talked and laughed until the doorbell rung. Darcy got up and answered the door. Walking back in the dinning room she looked at me.

"Hey a manny at the door for you." Everyone stopped eating and looked at me. Getting up i wiped my mouth and went to the door.

"Manny what are you doing here?" I asked. "Listen please dont be mad at me still please ma, im begging."

He looked horrible and emotional. I looked back inside the house then closed the door. "Listen whatever it is im sorry manny." I said.

"Yeah your still mad. Damn im paying this mia i am. Please baby im begging you. I need the most. Sorry about everything. Ill do whatever for you ma. Ill go to the moon and back for you girl. Just please hear me out."

I stood there arms folded. Looking at him i bite my lips. "Okay fine manny. Fine one more mess up and its final." Rolling my eyes at him.

I walked back in the house as he left. Taking deep breaths i asked myself did i really hook back up with a boy who just hurt me days ago.