Fall Homecoming

Mia

The weekend was over and back at brookhaven where the hallways were quiet. I had never walked inside the building and it was completely quiet.

Grabbing my stuff i made it inside the lunch room. Manny waved me over to him. Going over i sat down with him.

The cafeteria was silent. Sitting down i looked at him. He raised his eyebrow at me and looked away. Damn he being cold.

None of this my fault. Okay me ranting to a friend turned bad. Still its my story and im sticking to it.Still not believing how quiet it was the bell rung.

Inside my art class i was waiting for Ms.nancy to announce the winner of the paintings we turned in. I was so nervous i could throw up.

"Girls and boys you all did an amazing good. I mean honestly speaking you guys are the more talented art students this year!" She said.

The class clapped and cheered. "Okay so the winner who got their picture featured in the art gallery was......raven." She smiled.

We all clapped although i was mad i didn't win i wasn't a sore loser. At least my last artwork got put up in the cafeteria but oh well.

As we were about to get working on our next project our princpal Mr.Adams came over the intercome.

"Ladies and gentleman of brookhaven i would like to say good morning. Im informing staff and student body that this week is homecoming week. We have a lot of things scheduled for the remaining of the week. Our football team has been undefeated so far and excellent at keeping up their academic. So faulty meeting afterschool for further details.

The whole class got happy and loud. I was happy to. The football team were doing their thing and manny was putting in work for the team.

Learning the new task at hand the next bell was ringing. I was ready to find manny. Standing by my locker i saw him talking to that ashley girl.

Walking over i said hey to her and pulled manny away. "Babe whats up?" He asked looking frustrated. "Look forget all that. congratulations on being the best." I said hugging him.

"What is it mia? Your being to nice." He said leaning on the wall as i looked him in his sexy eyes. "Listen we need to be king and queen for homecoming." I said.

"I knew this was coming. So yeah babe for you anything with your crazy ass." He pulled me to him and kissed my lips gently. "I love you baby."

We were off to literature. Ms.Brown was standing up front of the class waiting for the class to settle down. "Now that i got your attention i got a package from princpal adams."

She grabbed the packet and read a couple lines as the class became inpatient. Looking up she smiled. "Okay great now im sure you guys all know its homecoming week?"

"Yes!" Half the class chanted still excited about it. "Alright so today were going to get volunteers who would like be either king or queen of homecoming."

My hand raised and so did manny's. Others were raised but i didnt see them i just saw ours. She took down our names and begun the lesson.

"Okay class today's topic would reflect on a novel were about to read in the next two weeks if not one week." She said.

We had a classroom discussion. "Raise your hand class if you have known something that wrong but didn't tell?" She asked. Half of the class hands went up mines stayed down.

The bell rung as i was about to go to lunch i saw manny talking to Raven. She looked very upset i dont know what he told her but it didn't look to good.

Walking to lunch in the cafeteria it was loud again. In front of the stage was a table with a poll on it. Walking over to the table i saw my name along with others.

"Vote here! Vote here one boy, one girl." I voted for me and manny of course. Sitting down i waited for manny.Suddenly brook sat in front of me. Looking at her she looked at me.

"Whats up?" I asked her. "Listen me and the girls wanted to apologize for what happened. I talked to ivy. She kind of scared to talk to you. So on behalf of everyone i again apologize."

Brook saw manny come over and got up quickly. "Hey what was all that?" He asked. "Just her apologizing for everybody." I said looking at ivy talk to brook.

"Great so your gonna go running back to them with open arms?" He asked rudely. "Im not gonna run to no one but to apologize is a good start."

Manny looked away. "Okay cool i guess whatever makes you happy. Ill see you later babe." He kissed me as the bell rung.

Going to my next class amber waved me over. "Hey mia. Can i have a word with you please?" She asked closing her locker. "Sure whats up?" I asked.

"Did you befriend me just for the satisfaction of your own well being?" She asked with her head tilted. Which in girl world was not a good sign.

"Actually no i didn't. I had valuable information that i thought you would like to know." I answered honestly. "That was pretty bitchy what you did but, i respect the fact you had a lot of balls."

She walked away as i stood there almost confused. Going to class i sat there pretty pleased at myself. I dont owe nobody nothing.

Whatever happened it just happened no changing it. Afterschool manny had practice for the big game. So i rode on home just me.

Making it to the house i found darcy doing laundry. She looked bothered but i didn't want to intrude. I had got myself in alot of trouble already.

Sticking my nose in everybodys business so i did my homework and pretty much chilled for the rest of the day.