EXTRA #2

Hinata's POV

What do you do when you see someone falling in love...

Right in front of you..?

When you're around them for a lot of your time...

Do you try to nudge them together?

Do you help?

Or do you just...

Watch in the shadows?

My friend,

Yachi Hitoka,

Has fallen in love.

{TIME SKIP}

She's blushing again. It's a shame, indeed. Yachi-Chan seems to have... no romantic interest in her. In fact, if I had to guess, Yachi-Chan doesn't seem to be looking for a relationship right now.

I sigh quietly. At least it's better than her liking someone else.

"Kiyoko-San, your beauty marks really compliment you!" "Ah, is that so? Thank you" I watch as Kiyoko-San smiles politely. I squint my eyes before they widen.

Huh.

A slight blush...

{TIME SKIP}

"Kiyoko-San." I walk towards her as she looks up from her lunch. "Hinata. Good morning", I nod in response as I sit opposite her. "Ne, Kiyoko-San", she nods and takes a spoon of her rice.

"Do you like girls?"

I hear her cough quickly after. I look at her with concern as she drinks from her bottle. "Sorry, was that too straightforward?" She nods slightly, "it's fine..." she coughs out.

"Umm... Well, to answer your question, yeah. I'm bisexual", she tells me. I nod slowly and watch her eat. "Do you have a problem with it?" I look at her with a stoic face. "I don't see why I should have a problem with it. It's normal human decency to accept you for who you are, is it not?"

I watch as her eyes widen a bit before she smiles softly. "You're right." We stay quiet for a bit before I speak up again.

"You like Yachi-Chan, don't you?"

I watch as she chokes on her food again. "Hinata maybe", she coughs, "wait until I finish eating next time?" I nod in concern, "sorry."

"What makes you think I'm interested in Yachi?" She questions. I look at her closely and squint my eyes. "What?"

"Kiyoko-San, you might not be aware of this, but you blush a bit whenever you talk to or about Yachi-Chan." Her eyes dilate, "huh? They do?" I nod, "since when?" I stare at her slightly red cheeks, "I've noticed since about a week ago."

She looks at me in disbelief. "Is that so..." She sighs heavily and puts her lunchbox away before crossing her arms on the table. "Okay... Maybe I might like Yachi a bit..." she admits, "but don't tell her!" I nod, "of course, why would I?"

Kiyoko-San and Yachi-Chan would make a good match... After all, Yachi-Chan is a lesbian, which could help Kiyoko-San with her crush.

"S-Sorry Hinata! I... I really don't like you that way!" I stand still and tilt my head, "why-" I watch as Yachi-Chan start shaking, "y-you're just a friend to me, and besides, I don't like guys! I-I like girls!"

The both of us stay silent. "I-I understand if you're weirded out and don't want to be my friend anymore!" I watch as she tries to walk off before I grab onto her wrist.

"Hold on now. Take a second to slow down because I am seriously confused." She breathes in and out.

"Someone from my class told me that a person wanted to confess to me here, and I saw you, and I realised that you're the one that likes me-" "Yachi-Chan."

"But I have to reject you because I really only think of you as a friend since you know-" "Yachi-Chan."

" I'm a lesbian like I said, and now that I've revealed that I'm attracted to the same sex, you must be feeling so disgusted-" "Yachi-Chan."

"A-Ah, yes?" I stare at her with a stoic face. "I told you to slow down, didn't I?" She nods hesitantly, "you're lucky I was somewhat able to figure out what you were talking about." She chuckles nervously, "sorry, Hinata-Kun..."

I grab her hands, "Yachi-Chan, I don't really give a fuck if you like girls or not. I just want to clarify that I don't like you in that way." She looks at me in confusion, "but I thought-" I shake my head, "please stop speaking before things get more confusing."

I stare at Yachi-Chan and Kiyoko-San conversing.

I wonder why Yachi-Chan can't see what I'm seeing.

Maybe she's too busy talking to Kiyoko-San to notice her blush.

Then again, the blush is sort of hard to see... Sometimes I have to squint my eyes to realise. It's like I need a magnifying glass to see Kiyoko-San's actions. They're always so small and so unnoticeable. So much that even she didn't realise herself.

"Hinata-Kun! We're going to the gym to help prepare for the training session after school. Do you want to come with us?" I look at Yachi-Chan smiling. "No thanks, I'm going to the library to return a book." Kiyoko-San and Yachi-Chan both nod with a smile. "Let's go, Yachi", I hear Kiyoko-San speak up as I pack my stuff up.

"See you-"

I look up to see Kiyoko-San grabbing onto Yachi-Chan's hand.

Yachi-Chan is... relatively easy to figure out. "Come on, Yachi, let's go", Kiyoko-San grins as she starts walking. "M-Mhm!"

Huh...

Yachi-Chan... Kiyoko-San might be a bit hard to read for you. So let me lend you my magnifying glass and help you.

I sigh and look down at my bag.

Love truly is a confusing thing.

Happy (belated) pride :)