Part 30

Hinata's POV

"EVERYONE GATHER UP!"

"What is it, coach?" I hear Daichi-San ask as I look at coach Ukai as he waits for everyone to sit down.

"Next week, we'll be having another practice match", Takeda Sensei explains.

I freeze as I feel my soul escape. "H-Hinata-Kun?!" I hear Yachi-Chan speak up worriedly. "A-Are you okay?!" I slump down in defeat.

I have to meet... more people...

I feel a hand on my back. "Don't worry, Hinata. You don't have to force yourself to interact with them, okay?" I look at Kiyoko, who's next to me.

I nod, "okay..."

"Who's the team?" Narita-San asks. I watch as Takeda Sensei looks at his clipboard. "Hmm... Ah! Aoba Johsai!"

I stay quiet as I can feel the aura around me feel tense, and nothing can be heard apart from the breathing of the others.

"Seijoh..?" I look at Daichi-San as the tension arises.

"Is something wrong with that school?" I question. Yamaguchi looks at me. "I've never met any of them personally, but I've seen them in tournaments. They look terrifying!"

"T-T-Terrifying?!" I turn to Yachi-Chan, who's being comforted by Kiyoko.

Sounds like a dumb school.

"A-Aoba Johsai... Seijoh... O-Oikawa-San... King... Kitagawa Daiichi... B-Bench..."

I turn to my left and see Kageyama-Kun in a daze.

How weird...

{SMALL TIME SKIP}

"Oi, Kageyama-Kun", I walk up to him as he stops. "What do you want, Hinata?" I stare at him. "Do you know anything about Aoba Johsai?"

He freezes as he looks down. "No... I've never heard of them until today."

Bullshit.

"Who's Oikawa-San?"

He looks at me in terror. "What..?"

"Does he have anything to do with you being called king? That's what Tsukishima-Kun calls you, right?"

He stays still. "I-" He sighs as he admits defeat. I watch as he sits down on the floor, as I do the same next to him.

"Oikawa-San was one of my senpais in my middle school, Kitagawa Daiichi. He was a cocky, narcissistic asshole", I look at him as he looks down at the floor. "One that I looked up to for a stupid amount of time."

We stay quiet, "and what about you being called king?" He huffs in annoyance. "Don't ask me. Why don't you ask the beanpole since he calls me that all the time?"

I watch as he stands up angrily, "oi- Kageyama, wait-"

Ah- He's ignoring me. I feel a tick mark appear on my forehead as I run my fingers through my hair.

"What's up with him?"

{TIME SKIP}

"Tsukishima. Yamaguchi." I watch as they turn around to face me. "Ah- Hinata! Hello!" I nod in response. "What do you want, shrimp?" I grumble in irritation.

"I just want to know something", I say. They keep quiet as a gesture for me to keep talking.

"Why do you call Kageyama-Kun, king?"

They freeze before I see Tsukishima's mouth turn into a slight smirk. "Ara ara~ You want to know the king's origins?" I nod hesitantly.

What's up with the sudden mood change?