Part 14

Daichi's POV

I watch as I see Nishinoya and Asahi talk and reconnect with Tanaka in between the pair, teasing them. Then, finally, I look back to Hinata, who's in front of me.

"We really owe you one, Hinata. Thank you" Hinata stares at the three talking then observing the rest of the team before facing back to Sugawara and me. "You don't need to owe me anything. I'm sure if the rest of the team had a bigger brain capacity, they would have done it with ease."

I stare at Hinata. Even though he doesn't make it obvious, he really does have a kind heart. "Did you just compliment and insult the team at the same time?" Sugawara asks. Hinata shrugs, "interpret it the way you prefer", he says before walking away to the managers.

I stare at Hinata's back as he walks away.

Something about him makes me feel weird... A good type of weird.

Hinata's POV

I'm talking to Kiyoko-San and Yachi-Chan about school and volleyball. Well, it seems more like I'm listening to them talk about school and volleyball and asking me the occasional, basic questions with me answering in small gestures or one-sentence answers.

I feel a tap on my back as I turn around to see Nishinoya-San and Asahi-San. "Hey, kouhai!" Nishinoya-San greets with Asahi-San nervously smiling next to him.

"Good morning Nishinoya-San, Asahi-San", I respond, not as cheerful. "Don't be so formal, kouhai! Call me senpai!"

...Another senpai kink?

"If you say so, Nishinoya-Senpai", I respond. Nishinoya-San turns into a tomato again as I see him shakily put both his thumbs up.

Definitely a senpai kink.

"It's nice to have you back, Asahi, Nishinoya", Kiyoko-San welcomes after Nishinoya-San turns back into his normal state. "Same to you", Asahi-San replies with a small smile. I watch as Nishinoya-San looks at me, to Kiyoko-San and then back to me again before he puts on a stupid, determined face.

What does he want now..?

"Hello again, Kiyoko!" Nishinoya-San greets. I look around the room to see the second and third years now looking at us with shocked faces. Even Kiyoko-San seems to be slightly surprised.

"B-Bro... A-Are you okay..?" I hear Tanaka-San stutter worryingly. "Do you need to go to the nurse's office?" Sugawara-San panics. "Don't tell me you actually became normal during your time off of volleyball", Ennoshita-San says as Kinoshita-San and Narita-San snicker in the background.

"Nope! I'm fine!" Nishinoya-San reassures confidently, "I decided yesterday that my days for simping for Kiyoko will end!" Nishinoya-San declares.

"Thank God..." I hear Kiyoko-San mutter. "Because from now on!" Nishinoya-San continues, "I will be simping for my kouhai, Hinata!"

Wait, what.

I see everyone's mouth slightly open in shock. Kiyoko-San pats my back, "I'm sorry", is all she whispers to me before returning to her spot next to Yachi-Chan.

"How bold..." beanpole states as he rolls his eyes.

I stare at Nishinoya-San as he still has his idiotic pose.

What have I gotten myself into..?

{TIME SKIP}

Kageyama and I are practising. Him with his sets and me with my spikes. I can feel the team watching us. It's not nerve-wracking, just slightly uncomfortable. Shouldn't they be practising as well?