Part 5

Ukai's POV

I head over to the gym with Takeda, we're a bit late, but I'm sure those brats can manage. "The weather's nice today, right Ukai?" Takeda asks. "Yeah, I guess it kind of is", I reply as he smiles.

The sun's out, but Takeda is outshining it... He really is pretty, but I don't want to weird him out by how quickly I started liking him. I haven't fallen in love, not yet, at least. It's more of a tiny crush.

I open the door and see the brats just standing there. "Oi, why aren't you guys practising?" They turn to look at me, including an orange-haired kid. I swear I've seen him before... Wait...

"Hang on..." I say as I squint to look at the face. No way... "YOU'RE THAT KID FROM YESTERDAY!" "Oh. Uh... yeah, that's me".

No way. The creepy kid from yesterday is here. I don't know how to feel about this... ugh...

"Are you here to visit?" Daichi looks at me, "Uh... actually. He's here to try out" I nearly choke.

"Okay, have you sorted yourselves into teams?" Some of them nod. "Okay, Ginger, let's see what you got!" He nods and walks near the net. What a weird kid.

Kageyama, Tanaka and Ginger walk to the right side while Tsukishima, Yamaguchi and Ennoshita go to the left side. Is Ginger a libero?

Kageyama's POV

He's not going to do any good. I look over to the boke. He's short, seems unenergetic and probably doesn't know how to play. But yet he wants to spike one of my tosses? What a weirdo.

We get ready to play.

Yamaguchi serves first, and Tanaka-San receives it to the other side. Ennoshita-San receives it. No one gets it, dammit. I look over to Hinata. He isn't doing anything. Well, neither am I, but at least I'm ready to receive it. He looks over to me and then looks back forward after a second. Weirdo.

{TIME SKIP}

It's 24-22, our side. If we get one more point, we win. But that boke hasn't been doing much, and it's annoying. Sure, he's been receiving and serving well, but where are the spikes? Only Tanaka-San has been getting them, but he's been blocked a lot of times by that fucking salt beanpole.

The ball gets served by Ennoshita-San, and Tanaka receives it to me. I get ready to toss it... but an orange flash comes by. Boke...

This timing... this angle... this position...!

BAM!

Daichi's POV

Hinata isn't showing much progress. He's got great reflexes and is pretty good at receiving and serving, but he said he can spike and block. Unfortunately, he hasn't been showing any of that...

BAM!

...What. The. WHISTLE!

Silence is everywhere. No one says anything. Kageyama's head turns to look at Hinata while his head staggers. "O-oi boke, what was that...?" Yeah. What was that? Hinata looks over to Kageyama. "A spike", he pauses for a bit, "and didn't I say not to call me that?"

I think back on the scene. My flashback slows everything down, like in slow-mo. My eyes widen, and I turn my head in Hinata's direction. "H-Hinata's eyes... were closed just then".

"HAAAAAH?" Kageyama, Tsukishima and Tanaka turned their heads to me and then looked at Hinata. "O-oi boke! How'd you do that?"

Hinata's POV

"HAAAAAH?" Mr Setter, Beanpole, and the slightly bald guy turned their heads to me after facing Mr captain. What the hell do they want. "O-oi boke! How'd you do that?" stuttered the... guy.

"I usually close my eyes when spiking", I respond, "It's easier, I reckon". "...Reckon?" Ah, right. I'm in Japan. "I think. It's easier, I think", I "correct" myself.

"Hey, what made you jump over there, Ginger?" the shop owner guy yelled. "I dunno", I reply, "instinct?" He pauses. "What are you? A couple of weirdos?" He shouts while looking at Setter-guy and me.

Mr Setter slouches forward slightly, "weirdos?" I look over to Setter-Man and then back to Mr Coach. "No." "huh?" "don't mix me in with him." I pause, "he's weird", I state as I walk to who I assume are the managers.

"Pff- did you hear that king?" Beanpole says. King? I look over to the two of them. "Don't worry, beanpole, I wouldn't want to be mixed in with you either", I state deadpanned as I continue my way to the girls. I hear Freckles try to hold in the laughter.

"Hinata-Kun, that was amazing!" blondie says. "Uhh, thanks, Blondie." She straightens up. "U-uh, Yachi. My name's Yachi Hitoka" I look at her. "Okay, Yachi-Chan".

"And I'm Shimizu Kiyoko. Call me Kiyoko, though. I don't mind if you call me by my first name", Kiyoko-San states while smiling slightly. "If you wish, Kiyoko-San"

"Okay, so Hinata!" I turn around to Store Man, "You'll be starting tomorrow, we'll order the uniform, and it should come within two weeks". Huh? Did I get in already?

"Actually... I don't want to be in the team".