Part 11

Daichi's POV

"So basically what you want me to do is try to beg, or "convince" in your case, two of your ex-members because you've already tried to in the past but have failed, and you're now too cowardly to do so, correct?" Hinata phrases with his arms folding.

Well, when he puts it like that... "c-correct", Suga stutters. I can feel the rest of the team's eyes on us.

"And not to mention, you still choose to ignore the fact that begging me to join the volleyball club nearly made me decide to join the music club instead. Making the chance of the said ex-players not wanting to come back higher than the possibility of them being part of the team again. And having that said, you still decide to try a plan that we have already established will most likely fail. Correct?" We all look at Hinata, stunned.

"W-Well correct, but you didn't have to say it so harshly..." Suga said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Hinata then pinches the bridge of his nose. "You don't see anything wrong with this plan?" he asks, looking at me.

"Well y-yeah, now that you've phrased it like that, there's clearly a lot wrong with our plan but-" I answer, "-but... There's really no other plan we can think of..." Suga finishes. We both stand nervously, waiting for Hinata to speak up.

"Is begging really the only solution you can think of?" Hinata mumbles. "Well, I'd like to see if you can think of anything better, kouhai!" Tanaka complains, "we've been trying to bring them back for a long time that we just end up giving up!"

Hinata faces Tanaka with his same stoic face. I can see the sweat dripping down Tanaka's forehead when he straightens up. "AH S-SORRY MY GODDESS I JUST GOT UPSE-" "I understand". Huh?

Hinata walks to his bag, "I would be frustrated too if I had to keep on trying and trying just to end up with nothing at the end", he checks his phone, "but only losers and desperate people beg".

He faces us, "are you really that desperate? Is this a need or a want?" No one speaks. I would be offended since the two options he gave us were losers and hopeless people, but he isn't necessarily wrong... Everyone's still silent.

"We-" I cut Suga off, "we are". All my teammates and the managers face me. "Asahi is our ace, and Nishinoya is our libero. It would be impossible to compete without them".

"Then why do you stick with the same plan?" Hinata speaks up. "If you're so desperate for them to come back, then why do you stick to begging?" We make eye contact, "what do you mean?"

"Clearly, you need them back. So why stick to such a stupid plan?" "Ouch" Hinata grabs his bag and slings it across his shoulders. "When plan A fails, you don't keep on trying with that plan. Instead, you move to plan B".

"When you wanted me on the team, you didn't necessarily give up when you stopped bugging me, right? Instead, you became patient and stopped, and I came. That might not necessarily be the reason but notice the difference? How you succeeded when you switched plans. In fact, if you continued to plead, then I wouldn't have joined." We all stay silent. "How are we so stupid..?" I hear Suga whisper.

Silence arises as the second and third years, including me, look at the floor. Then, we hear footsteps approach us, "tell me their names and classes", we look up and see Hinata in front of us, "h-huh?"

"Tell me their names and first-period classes for tomorrow. Their full names", Hinata repeats. "U-uh... Nishinoya Yū and Asahi Azumane. Asahi's in the classroom 1-E, but I don't know about Noya..." I respond. "Ah! I know where my bro's class is tomorrow!" Tanaka grins, "he's in 3-A, kouhai!"

Hinata nods before heading to the door. Then, without turning to face us, "I'll bring them back if they're so important to you guys... I promise." My heartbeat increases, and I can feel my cheeks heating up. "And I won't do your stupid plan. I'll think of something else".

{TIME SKIP}

Hinata's POV

1-E... 1-E... Ah, there it is.

I don't want to do this. I already had too much human interaction yesterday morning, and I still haven't fully recovered, but I promised. And I don't break promises.

Let's see what this Asahi guy is like... I knock on the door. According to Sugawara-San and Daichi-San, Asahi should be in class around this time.

The door opens, and I see a tall student with black hair and glasses with a thin frame. "Umm, hello? Do you need anything, little dude?" I don't like that name.

I nod, "do you have an Asahi Azumane in this class?" "Uh yeah, we do, be right back".

"Yo Asahi! Someone's here for you!" He looks back at me, "thank you, senpai" I bow. "No problem, Asahi should be here in a bit", he says as he walks back to his seat.

I check my phone. I have about 30 or so minutes to speak with Asahi-San. So that should be enough time. Otherwise, I have to try again tomorrow. And I don't want to do that.

"Umm... You wanted to speak to me..?" I look up, "yeah, I d-"

...

"It's you again, Beard-San", he freezes and starts stuttering, "B-B-Beard-San??" Wrong move? Probably. "O-Oh... You were the person who asked for directions". I nod.

"I just need to speak to you about something, Asahi-San..." I walk away as he hesitantly follows behind. "W-Where are we going?"

"Vending machine. I'm thirsty."