Part 1

Before this story starts I just want to give a heads up that Ukai is already the coach of the team. Ok, enjoy!

Hinata's POV

I didn't get much sleep last night. It was no surprise to me though, I never really sleep that much, which is most likely where my coffee addiction comes from. It's usually because of overthinking, traumatic flashbacks or studying. This time it was for job applications.

I was trying to narrow down what jobs I should go for by pointing out my skills, pros and cons. I need to find a job before I run out of money, so knowing what position is best suited for me is the best thing to do, so there's a higher chance for me to get hired and not go through the embarrassment of not getting hired.

I think I'll settle for a cafe shop worker or an assistant librarian, but I should see if there are any more options.

I'm going to the nearby store to buy some groceries and meatbuns for breakfast. I know it's not the ideal breakfast option, but I haven't eaten anything after arriving in Japan.

I ride my bike to a small shop nearby. I saw it yesterday while in the taxi, so I thought I should check it out. "Sakanoshita Store", I muttered. But, now that it's more clear to see, I guess it isn't that small. Definitely smaller than some of the shops in Sydney, though.

Author's note: (I actually have no idea how big Sakanoshita Store is compared to the ones in Sydney, but some of the grocery shops here are pretty big, so just for the sake of this story, I'll say it's smaller than the ones here)

"Huh... it's cute, I guess", I mumbled as I stepped foot inside. There wasn't anyone there apart from a man. He has dyed blonde hair, I assume and some sort of headband on. He was leaning against the counter and wearing an orange hoodie. If I had to guess, he's maybe in his mid-twenties? I looked around to observe the place. I usually do that to check my surroundings, get more familiar with the area, notice any details. Also, to make sure I didn't walk into someplace dangerous because who knows what's out there.

"Oi kid, do you need something?" asked an unfamiliar voice. It was the cashier. I think he's the cashier? Maybe the owner?

I must have accidentally stared at him because when I snapped out of my trance, he looked... scared? Well, more of a "why the hell does he look like that" face. I didn't know how to respond to the question. If I said no, that means I came in here for nothing, but if I said yes, he would most likely try to help me find something, but I didn't need that. So I did what every other normal person would do.

I ignored him and went to the produce aisle.

Ukai's POV

I heard someone walk inside the shop. I looked over at the door and saw a short ginger head boy. My immediate thought was him being about 11 years old, but he acted more aged than that. But whatever, I'm bad at guessing ages.

He was standing there for a bit. He was looking all around the store like he was examining something. Ah, fuck! is he an inspector? Wait, no, he doesn't look like a professional. He's wearing a hoodie and jeans, not a suit. What inspector wears a hoodie and jeans? None of them... right?

I've had enough of this! Might as well risk it all. "Oi kid, do you need something?" I semi-yelled. Please be a kid, please be a kid, please be a ki-

He's just staring at me... His face wasn't filled with disgust or anger, nor did it seem happy. Instead, his expression is just dull. Why the hell does he look like that? It's creepy.

He stopped. He must have been daydreaming or something. I was about to say something, but he just walked to where the vegetables were. Man, he's weirder than that Kageyama kid.