Part 18

Hinata's POV

"Yachi-Chan..." Yachi-Chan looks at me as we walk towards the vending machine. "Hm?" I look down at the concrete path. "I'm sorry..."

"H-Huh?" Even while looking at the ground, it's pretty noticeable that Yachi-Chan is confused at what I'm trying to say.

"I'm sorry about yesterday" I look up at her. She still doesn't understand. "You didn't do anything, though?" I shake my head.

"I'm sorry for smiling and making you cry..." Her eyes widen before laughing shortly after. Now it's my turn to be confused.

"Oh, Hinata-Kun! My crying wasn't negative. It was a positive emotion! My tears were happy tears!" I stare in silence. I see...

"It's just... Hinata-Kun isn't one to smile so easily. So seeing you show a happy emotion... no matter how small that feeling was. It really made me happy!"

I stare at Yachi-Chan, smiling brightly. Having someone care for me is... really relieving...

"Is that so?" She nods joyfully, "...thank you".

No-one's POV

Yachi is incredibly lucky to have gained Hinata's friendship. Well, not necessarily lucky, she worked hard. Over the past few weeks, Yachi has been helping, hanging out with and caring for Hinata. Yachi was and still is very determined to make Hinata happy.

Despite not knowing why Hinata's current self is portrayed as such a negative and dull character, Yachi is determined to let some, any form of sparkle come out of Hinata. Making Hinata feel comfortable in the new environment he was brought into, Yachi has slowly gained something that would have seemed impossible to achieve.

Hinata Shoyo's friendship.

{TIME SKIP}

Hinata's POV

"Hinata! Do you want to come with us?" I turn around to Daichi-San and the others as I put on my jacket. "Where?" I sling my bag around my shoulder.

"Coach Ukai's store. We're getting meatbuns!" Nishinoya-San says enthusiastically.

Meatbuns... My mouth slightly starts to water. I shake my head to rid the thoughts off. I nod, "okay..."

{SMALL TIME SKIP}

We start walking to coach Ukai's store, the managers have also joined us. I'm in between Yachi-Chan and Yamaguchi-Kun. "Hinata-Kun! Look at this!" I look at the picture Yachi-Chan shows me.

It's a picture of a munchkin cat with a frog hat on. How cute. "My cousin recently got a cat! Isn't she just the cutest?" I stare at the cat a bit more before nodding my head.

I have a big soft spot for animals. I'm surprisingly good with them, I don't know why.

"You guys are close", Kiyoko-San speaks up. Yachi-Chan and I both look at her. "Yep! Hinata-Kun and I are friends!"

"COUGH! COUGH! ACK-" I stare at Sugawara-San coughing in front of me. Did he choke on something? I watch as Daichi-San pats his back and gives him a bottle of water. If he wants to die, do it when I'm not right behind you.

"You guys are... friends?" Yamaguchi-Kun asks hesitantly. Yachi-Chan nods in response. "Uh-huh!" I hear beanpole scoff before looking down at Yachi-Chan.

"Please- The shrimp would probably rather jump off a cliff than make friends with someone. Especially with someone as energetic as you."

He looks down at Yachi-Chan while smirking before looking away. I turn to Yachi-Chan, who clearly looks upset.

This motherfucking asshole, thinking he's all cool and shit.

"I agree with the beanpole. But not that harsh", Setter Man speaks up. "Ew- Don't agree with me, king."

How childish. I roll my eyes.

"Actually. Yachi-Chan is my friend", I speak up. Everyone freezes, and I bump into Sugawara-San's back.

What the fuck.

"HUH?!" Tanaka-San, Nishinoya-San and Sugawara-San yell. "Quiet down. It's late." This isn't a concert, idiots.

"You actually decided to be friends with someone? Willingly, not forced?" I sigh at the beanpole before nodding. "B-But how?" I look over to Yamaguchi-Kun.

"How? What do you mean by how? Do you not know how to make friends?" They all look at me dumbfounded.

"You aren't one to talk, Boke." I sigh as I continue walking. I want my meatbuns. "It's not that I don't know how to make friends. I just normally don't choose to."

They catch up to me. "Why?" I glare at Nishinoya-San, "maybe learn to mind your own business", I scold as he cowers down.

"So you actually made a friend. I suppose you aren't as pathetic as I thought you'd be", Salt Shaker snickers. I roll my eyes.

"Tsukki, don't be mean" "urusai Yams" "gomen Tsukki..."

"So... If Yachi is your friend, does that mean I can also be your friend?" Tanaka-San asks. "I suppose... But you've got to prove it. I'm not going to be friends with someone annoying or selfish or rude" I stare at beanpole on the last word.

"WOOHOO! I GOT A CHANCE!" "Oi idiot, quiet down. We're in a neighbourhood, late at night", Ennoshita-San hushes.

What morons. As if they'll be able to be my friend. I'm sure they'll leave eventually anyway, same as Yachi-Chan. Just enjoying the chaos while it lasts, I suppose.

{SMALL TIME SKIP}

I chomp down on my meatbun slowly as Yachi-Chan continues showing Kiyoko-San and me pictures of her cousin's cat in different hats.

"Hinata! Hinata! Do you want water?" I shake my head at Tanaka-San. "Shoyo! Shoyo! Do you want another meatbun?" I look at the three meatbuns in the paper bag I'm holding and then the bitten one in my hand. "No thanks."

I freeze. "Hinata! Hinata! Do you want milk?" I stare at Tanaka-San, smiling like a puppy. "No thanks, Tanaka-San." "I want milk" "hush Kageyama."

I finish my meatbun and put the remaining uneaten ones in my bag. Then, I reach into my bag. "Eh?" I search my bag, "where are my tissues and sanitiser..?"

"Kouhai!" I hear two voices speak up. I look up from my bag to see Tanaka-San and Nishinoya-San, each holding a different item. Tanaka-San with tissues and Nishinoya-San with hand sanitiser.

I grab the items. "Thank you", I say as I clean my hands. "No problem!" They say in unison again. If I have to be honest, it's a bit creepy. I hand back the tissues and sanitiser when they reject it.

"Keep it!" Tanaka-San says. "Yeah, we don't really use them anyway", Nishinoya-San follows after as they both smile widely. It's very generous, but I feel bad, honestly. Their smile gets wider as the silence continues. Finally, I give up and put the items in my bag.

"Thank you, senpais." They freeze as blood rushes up to the face at the same time. If it wasn't for their very noticeable different features, you would think they'd be twins by how similar they act.

"H-HE CALLED US" "SENPAIS", Nishinoya-San finishes. Then, they start jumping around in circles. How weird.

"Just ignore them, Hinata" I look at Kiyoko-San, "you'll have to get used to this." I turn my head back to Nishinoya-San and Tanaka-San jumping around with Ennoshita-San and Daichi-San scolding them.

I sigh, "yeah, I think I'll have to."