Chapter 30

It was the day of the Chunin tournament. Everyone was excited over who will win against whom. The feudal lords where set on the fight between Dad and Gaara. But I was worried about him, since I haven't sensed him for a while. Maybe he must have been training with Kakashi-san.

I sat on the stadium below the Hokage's dias. Sakura and a girl named Ino sat with me.

"I understand that you're worried over Sasuke, but come on! Why don't you cheer for Naruto at least?" Ino said.

I'm worried over both the males of my family. I still can't find Dad anywhere and I'm worried that Uncle Abigore is gonna be defeated since I heard that the guy from the Hyuga clan is quite competent.

I couldn't read the thoughts of the crowd to find Dad cause of too much telepathic static.

The fight between the Hyuga and Naruto Oji-san started! There was quite some fighting between the two. The Hyuga used his Byakugan and I perceived his style of fighting is called Gentle fist, a speciality of the descendants of Hamura-san.

Uncle Abigore used his signature Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. But it was in no vain in many attempts. Neji-san used his clan move of 8 trigrams 64 palms. Oji-san didn't stand a chance.

But he never gave up.

But then Neji-san revealed his Cursed seal on his forehead and told about the Branch and Main family.

Naruto stood against Neji's philosophy of destiny and concentrated on himself. That's when I was able to sense another presence.. inside Oji-san.

A tailed beast..It must be one of Hagoromo-san's creations.

Naruto fought with shurikens and he tried to go near him. He then vowed to change the Hyuga if he is to be Hokage.

Neji stood down and we he got up to find Naruto lying on the ground another Naruto came from right under and attacked his jaw.

Naruto Oji-san won the match!

Next match was Dad's and Gaara-san's. But Dad hasn't yet reached. Their match got postponed and the next match was that of Kankuro and a boy named Shino Aburame. But Kankuro abstained from the match and it led to Temari flying down on her fan to the arena.

Oh..it was her fight..and a boy named Shikamaru Nara. But Nara didn't show the same enthusiasm as Temari did and ended up being pushed off the rail by Naruto.

But why is it that..they remind me of my grandparents?

Grandma was always an extroverted person and Grandpa was a lethargic introvert. The light and the shadow. That's how they were addressed by others.

Temari and Shikamaru didn't necessarily fight. But it was like watching two chess pieces making their moves on a chessboard.

At last, Nara caught her from behind using his Shadow Possession Jutsu. Hmm..even Grandpa also used to have control over shadows.. I need to look into this kid.

The weird part was that even though Shikamaru had every element to defeat Temari, he gave up and let her won. But I don't understand why- Oh..

That's what makes her stay at Konoha.

I smell a possible romance in here. Ha ha ha. God I sound like Aphrodite..

Next match was Dad's and Gaara-san's..But I was looking for him- wait there they are!

Kakashi-san and Sasuke teleported in the middle of the arena like some superstars on a movie. That's dad for making a cool dramatic entrance.

Gaara and Sasuke fought, but Dad had a hard time getting in his sand shell in the end.

That's when Naruto Oji-san came and said, "Kakashi sensei.. Please stop this match. That guy isn't normal".

Until he used a lightning blade called the Chidori (Kakashi-san's speciality) Dad was able to penetrate the shell.

There was blood curdling scream from the shell. Then I felt the presence of another tail beast.

That's when a monstrous sand-coloured hand came out of the shell..