Chapter 23

"Ah! The masked man from the store!.." I falsely exclaimed.

"I'm pretty sure you already looked into me through your telepathic powers. The Hokage told us of it." Kakashi said.

"He he he.. you're right." I nervously laughed and cursed Sarutobi-san for giving away my identity.

"So can you tell something about us through your telepathy?" Anko asked.

"Um.. I'd rather have her not do that.." Asuma intervened.

"Oh pish posh Asuma!..we all know about your secret crush." Anko said.

"What secret crush?" Kurenai wondered.

"Um.. it's nothing!" Asuma said.

"Don't worry I'll tell something that is comfortable to you." I placated everyone.

"Let's see..Anko, you like dangos and sweet bean soup" I told to Anko.

"That's correct!" Anko said.

I turned to Asuma. "You used to be affiliated with one of the Twelve Guardian Ninja for the Fire Damiyo."

"True" he said.

"Kurenai, likes salted octopus and taking wine at night or dinner." I was astonished to find something else from her. Something that would make a certain Sarutobi very happy. But I made no sign of it.

I turned to the man with the blue headscarf. "You're Ibiki Morino. You're the commanding officer of the Konoha Torture and Interrogation Force... You know, I used to be a torturer like you."

That sort of dampened everything.

But Anko was enthusiastic. "Really, what methods do you use? I hear that you're from the Underworld. So you must be torturing wicked souls, right?"

"Well, um..the torturing methods is not something we wanna discuss when we're having food, Anko-san..But I do use Maiden's fury to burn rapists." I told her.

"Maiden's fury? What's that?" She asked.

"This.." I said igniting a white flame in my palm.

"Whoa.." Anko-san said.

"Men aren't supposed to touch it. Or they'll get burnt to death." I said cutting the fire out.

"Is it a Kekkai Genkai?" Kakashi asked.

"It was supposed to be.. The Maiden's fury was a power created by my ancestor Virgo, goddess of virginity and free spirit. But before she died, she requested her husband Bambi, the god of children to spread her ashes to the ocean so that it reaches every country soil and into the vegetables that will be eaten by pregnant mothers so that their girl children would get this protective gift."

"What did Virgo create it for?" Ibiki asked.

"To protect maidens from rapists and forced prostitution and to burn and torture those wretched souls in the Underworld. I used to be a vigilante while I was a grim reaper. But never in the mortal world have I used my vigilance."

"Then?" Anko asked.

"I track down demons or incubi who possess rapists, and exorcise them using the Reaper scythe. I'm not authorised to kill mortals who commit crime. I can take them to the police. But I can't do anything with them. They are not under my jurisdiction."

"What do you do with the victims?" Kurenai asked.

"I heal their hymen using Maiden's fury. It has that kind of power. I also heal their wounds using my Motherblanket, a white medical sash I used to have, but a sage kept it from me. I then send them to shelters or their homes so they can be safe." I smiled.

"That's so cool, Kali-san! Do you mind if we call you that? I know we're supposed to call you Joo-sama since you're the same level with the Damiyo and the Hokage. But it feels strange.." Anko said

"Absolutely..I'm happy that you treat me as your equal, Anko-san." I said happily.

"You missed Kakashi in your telepathy reading."

"Oh..right." I said, but

"Nah.. you guys have fun. I gotta go and check on how my team is doing." Kakashi said.

"But come on Kakashi! We're playing a game. You can't just get out of it.." Anko protested.

"No, It's ok Anko-san. Let him be." I said calming her.

"..You know don't you.. about Kakashi.." Asuma asked.

"..yeah. I do"