Chapter 19

"WHAAAT?" I gaped at them.

"Oh calm down, Nee-san..we are not gonna enter the forest.. we'll just report about the trainees outside the forest..jeez, you're such a mama-bear.." Konohamaru said smiling.

"Ok. I was just worried when I heard the word "death". Anyway I'll be in the shadows while you do what you're gonna do. Ok?" I said.

"Ok" Konohamaru said.

"Why do you have to be in the shadows?" Udon asked.

I replied, "So that I'll know what to do if any of you would be in danger. I've only been asked to look after Aka, but since you two are his friends..I guess I'll take you in too.." I said smiling.

"Aww..Arigato Onee-san." Moegi said cutely.

"Ok let's go."

                               ***

Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon reached the Forest of Death in a rather weird way. They kept stalking Naruto by hiding inside a box. It was entirely pathetic. I think this kid needs some skills in stealth, if he's gonna be a shinobi one day.

I was hiding from a distant tree observing the three lot.

The trainees and their examiner, Anko Mitarashi (I used telepathy) were taking a break trying to fill their consent forms. I even saw Naruto Oji-san trying to comically imitate Mitarashi. It was quite funny.

But eventually his lesson got learned when Anko nicked his cheeks with her kunai.

But I felt a sinister presence among them. A snake-like presence.

I used my telepathy to find that the Grass ninja who returned the kunai to Mitarashi was the presence. It was a man in-disguise named Orochimaru.

I checked the telepathic pathways of the Hokage tower to find that he was one of the Legendary sannin. A student of Sarutobi-san. Has a summoning contract with snakes.

I connected to Konohamaru through telepathy.

"Aka..get Moegi and Udon and get out of there. I sense a very dangerous presence in there. You could be in danger. Come back.."

Konohamaru stood there looking at a distance for a while. He must have got my message.

"Come on Moegi! Udon! The exams are gonna start. Let's get out of here." Konohamaru said.

"Ok." They said.

They left the scene.

Wait. My telepathy says Anko Mitarashi is Orochimaru's student!

I can tell her about the Grass ninja..

"You guys can go ahead.." Anko send Team 7.

But how will I explain how I know about him?

"Are you a trainee?" Anko asked.

"Well..um.." I stumbled

"Seems like you don't have a team huh?" She said

"No wait-" I tried to tell her

"No problem. You can go alone. I won't tell the higher-ups." She smiled.

Is she for real?

"I know who you are..the Hokage told me. I'd like to see your skills as an assassin to see if you are capable of being a ninja."

"But I don't want to be-"

"It's ok, it's ok. Now go and have some fun." She said pushing me towards the gate.

Yeah, she is completely deranged. There's no way I'm gonna have fun in a deadly forest.

Maybe I can protect my family from that Orochimaru guy.

I don't know..

I enter the forest to find all ninjas going in different paths.

Among them I accidentally stumbled upon Naruto Oji-san. But thankfully they haven't noticed my presence yet.

They just faced a Sound Ninja who tried to trick them as Naruto Oji-san.

Wait. I sense him again... Underground!

I walked under the soil using Ghosting, a Grim Reaper's technique.

I tried to fight him and his goons but they had the upper hand. So I veiled him in an Illusion torture, also known as the Tsukuyomi in the shinobi world. I paralysed his nerves by flashing his brain with images of the Tartarus.

I then used telekinesis to kick him out of underground and we both bursted out into the air.

There was a muddy explosion around where we stood and-

"Just what the HELL is going on here?" Dad exploded.