Chapter 18

"I just have a hard time accepting all this." Sasuke said.

I told him, "I know. I can understand your dilemma, Sasuke-san. Even, my clan too was massacred by a relative."

Dad was shocked to hear my revelation. "..Really?"

"Yeah..and he was actually forced to do it by his superior too. He was my uncle."

And your brother too.. But I didn't say that part.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's ok. So yeah..I definitely know how you feel." I told him.

"Did you kill him?" He asked suddenly.

"What?" I asked not hearing him the first time.

"The superior..did you kill him?" He asked finally.

"...Yes" I said.

                                  ***

"Naruto nii-chan, did you prepare for the Chunin exams?" Konohamaru asked.

We joined with the others as we walked on the streets for the team to apply for the exams.

"Of course, Konohamaru. I've been kicking things!" Naruto said.

"More like me kicking you." Sasuke said.

"WHAT WAS THAT, TEME?" Naruto angered.

"CUT IT OUT, BAKA-NARUTO!" Sakura scolded him.

Mom even used to scold Uncle Abigore even back in Kathedral.

"Ano, Sasuke-kun, can we do more training to increase our team work..?"
Mom asked.

Dad replied quite rudely, "No thanks. I work alone."

"But Sasuke-san, isn't teamwork important for a shinobi?" I asked.

"Shut up you idiot. Can't you see she is flirting with me?" Dad whispered to me.

"Ohhh..ok ok " I said pretending, even though I want them together.

Ever since we shared about the tragedy of our clans, Dad and I became best friends. It even felt weird to call your father by his name.

"I guess we're here." Sakura said arriving at the Chunin exam centre.

"Nee-san? I was wondering. Why do you call Konohamaru-chan "red"? Moegi asked.

"What?" I asked not getting what she meant.

" "Aka" means red..right?" She asked.

"Oh! Aka! Well, Aka is short for "aka-chan" which means baby."

"Pfft..she calls you baby.." Naruto went on a laughing fit pointing towards Konohamaru.

"Shut up!! She calls me that cause she loves me." He said

"I don't love you." I told him.

But then, I was reminded again that he will forget me the moment I'll leave.

"Urgh, Fine!.. I think you're quite tolerable." I finally said to placate him.

"Let's not waste our time. I don't think you need to be here, Kali. Take Konohamaru and the kids. We'll see again on the road." Sasuke said.

It felt like it was dad who was talking to me and not the Uchiha.

"Yes dad- I mean Sasuke..You guys go apply for the exams. Good luck, minna." I said to my father, mother and uncle.

God I hope they come back safe and sound without a scratch.

                                  ***

"Why did you say that you call me "baby", Onee-san? My friends mocked me for it.." Konohamaru mumbled to particularly no one as I went to get some dango on the way.

"I think it's cute that a kawai  Onee-san calls you that Konohamaru-chan.." Moegi said happily.

"She is kinda pretty though she looks old. Are you sure she is 30, Konohamaru-kun..Her white hair kinda says old". Udon asked.

"She said she is 35. And sometimes I feel like she only gets old when she loses her temper. Other than that she looks normal. It's as if the white hair is painted. She doesn't have any wrinkles though. So I guess she is young." Konohamaru reasoned.

"What's she like when you're home?" Udon asked.

"Oh, she gets irritated when I uh.. do pranks. I think she hates perverts. She said that she was a...bait?" Konohamaru wondered.

"A celibate you idiot! She is a lady who doesn't go near men." Moegi said.

"What-"

"Here you go you guys.." I brought three dango sticks for them to eat.

"Thank you Onee-san" They said.

"So where will you be doing your reporting?" I asked.

"The Forest of death." Said Moegi.