Chapter 17

"Your brother is an acquaintance of mine." That's the only thing I can say in this situation. I can't let them know of his true identity or my aim.

I sensed something else. Three Sound ninja were hiding in a different tree observing us. Oh no! I can't talk about Itachi's innocence while other villagers are there. It will blow his cover.

Just how did Dad knew about this?

Someone must have accidentally blurted it out. Or he heard it from some higher-ups..

                                ***

"I know we have the evidence of Itachi's innocence in the Uchiha masaccare. But in order for Itachi to continue his double agent mission with the Akatsuki, you are not to reveal this fact to anyone outside this room." The Hokage said to the ANBU and the Jounin Captains of all teams.

"Also, if you are to face him on a fight, act as how it was before this fact was revealed to us. These are Itachi wishes, not mine." The Hokage said.

Kurenai asked "But Hokage-sama, how could we do something like th-"

"We are shinobi. It is our job to do the mission given to us. For the good of the village." The Hokage said.

"Hai." Everyone reluctantly said.

                               ***

"I do not know anything about that Sasuke-san. I did asked Itachi-san's help as he is the only one who is strong enough to threaten Danzo. That's all I did." I said.

"I think you are ly-"

"Sasuke-san..Don't look..but there are some Sound Ninja above the trees. I think you should drop the subject. " I whispered to him.

He slowly got the message and tried to co-operate.

"Yes..I must have mistaken. There's no way Itachi would do anything innocent."

"But Sasuke-teme, you said-" Naruto definitely didn't get it though.

"Shut up, you Naruto-baka! There are ninjas above us" Sakura stamped on him and whispered to him.

"Anyway, Konohamaru you need to come home to help me with some stuff. Can you do that?" I asked turning to Konohamaru.

"But I thought we was gonna go watch the Chunin exams.." He whined.

"We can go do your reporting and after that come back home. Take Moegi and Udon with you too. I'll bake some cookies." I bribed them.

"Yes!" They cheered.

                               ***

Sasuke asked. "Who are you really? Why have you come to Konoha?

We were in a dark alley. I have told Konohamaru and the others to go ahead but Dad wanted to know more.

"My name is Kalāra. As to why I've come here... you'll know it in the future." I told him

"Did nii-san send you here?" He asked.

"No..Itachi didn't send me. I told you. I've come from far away." I said.

He asked, "How did you knock out that Sand sibling without touching him?"

Uh-oh. if I say something wrong, he'll start doubting me.

"Let's just say I used some ninjutsu." I smiled.

"Did Itachi really massacred the clan because he was ordered to?"

"He was forced to do it."

"Why?"

"To protect you and the village from something that I think you should ask your own brother about." I said.

"Why can't you tell me?" He asked pleadingly.

"Because Itachi doesn't want me to. He wants you to confront him as you would do if you have not known about this. The only people who know is me, the Hokage, the ANBU, the Jounin leaders, Danzo and you. We all are asked to pretend we do not know of this fact as per Itachi's orders and act like he is still the villain."

"But why would Nii-san want to torture himself like this?" He asked.

It was here that I was able to see Dad's love and true nature towards Uncle Amnesté. Would he would have forgiven him for the Botticelli masaccare too had he been left alive like he is in this life?

"Your Nii-san is on a mission, Sasuke. And right now, we all are. To play our role in fighting the enemy and bringing them to justice. We have to act as how it was when Itachi was the bad guy. For the village.."