Chapter 5

"Welcome to our humble abode, kore.."

Konohamaru said after carrying a cardboard box and coming in front of a gate.

I blinked. "It's a mansion"

Konohamaru responded, "It's the Hokage's mansion. But we won't be staying here.."

"We?" I enquired.

"Yeah. You and I, kore. We'll be staying in that apartment." He said pointing towards a building adjacent to the Hokage mansion.

"God, this kid is gonna do something perverted to me. Kids always scared the shit out me, even when I was in the underworld." I thought.

"So what are we doing here?" I asked pointing towards the mansion.

"Oh. I came here to pick my stuff."

"I thought we were gonna stay on the mansion. You could be close to your family too."

"Jiji's orders. Old man thinks that I'll be safer if I won't be at the Hokage mansion, kore. Also the apartment is close, so Jiji agreed."

"Oh. Ok."

I have a feeling that this brat did some persuasion on the old man to stay separately.

We took the stuff from the mansion and walked towards the apartment. We opened the door to find that all the necessities have been set. Even the furniture and utensils in the kitchen.

"So you persuaded the old man for us to stay. Alone. In an apartment?"

"Well I thought it was ok for us to stay separate since you need to protect me, Jiji said"

"The only man I would protect is my husband." I muttered.

"Ne, kore, onee-sama what was your husband like?" He asked with a curious eyes, while he was unpacking his belongings.

"Well..he was..he was like you" I smiled
"Perverted, cute, adorable, young..I kinda miss him though"

Konohamaru was saddened (why would he be sad, I wondered) but then a realisation hit him.

"So you think I'm cute and adorable?" He giggled.

"No. You're annoying. That's what." I said. "And so was he..that's how we met. I had a decent home in the underworld and he was being targeted by succubi, monsters and demons..."

"Succubi?"

"Plural of Succubus. Nasty siren-like creatures. I would stay away from them if I were you..Well he wanted sanctuary from me and annoyed me till I relented to his wishes. So I married him. It was a contract relationship. I offer him protection and home and he cooked food and maintained the house. I know it sounds like the reverse of what men and women does in here, but we can do stuff like that in the underworld."

"Oh.." He finished unpacking and kept his stuff in his room. There were two bedrooms and I took one and he took the other.

"I'll cook some food and you can freshen up Onee-sama" He said.

"Whoa whoa whoa, what do you mean you're gonna cook. You're a kid. You can't even reach the kitchen counter."

"I use the chair to get up. Besides Jiji taught me how to cook since it's just the two of us who were living in the mansion, kore."

"You do know how to handle a stove..right?

"Yeah. I got this. Also Jiji send you some of my mom's clothes for you to wear, kore." He said.

"Oh. Tell him I said thanks."I told him.

I went into my room, took some of the necessities and went to take a bath.

                                 ***

"Hmm mmm mmm mm." Konohamaru hummed as he cooked lunch.

I almost finished bathing and turned the shower off.

"Why is Onee-sama taking so long, kore?" He wondered and got down from the chair leaving the stove on.

He went into my room and found that I left my towel on the bed.

"Onee-sama's towel.. She must have forgotten it."

And he opened the bathroom door to give me the towel.

"Onee-sama, you forgot your-.."

I was looking at him startled and wondered why my towel is with him. And then I looked down and then i started screaming.

"Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahh..GET OUT YOU PERVERT!! I knew you did this on purpose. GET OUT!!"

I forcibly close the door, only to hear a scream from the other side.