[37] Change Of Mind

Welcome back! There's a lot in store for you...heheh

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Oliver]

"Oliver! Come down here!"

The boy groaned as he rubbed his eyes. He peeked through his fingers to see the time,

Wait...Mom and Dad weren't supposed to be home today....

He pushed himself up quickly, brushing off his pajamas as he swung open his bedroom door. Like a child much younger than he was, he bolted down the stairs in excitement, "Mom! Dad! What are you doing at home right now!? Aren't you two supposed to be working!?"

His parents looked at one another, equally perplexed. His father shrugged, "Actually...we were both put on paid leave."

Oliver tilted his head, "What? At the same time?"

"I agree...it is quite odd but it's been happening to a lot of people nowadays because of all that's happening." his mother said, stepping forward to bring him into a hug, "Not that I'm complaining." he hugged her back, "Your father and I...we've neglected you, haven't we?"

The statement stung...but Oliver smiled anyway,

"No...you two were just busy." he felt his father pat his head, "I understand."

They all basked in the silence for a while, hugging and smiling at one another. And while Oliver knew a hug wouldn't fix the loneliness of these past weeks, it was a good start.

Everything was okay...for now. And it got even better now that his mother and father will be home with him but there was one question that was left unanswered...

Why....why were they put on leave so suddenly and at the same time...?

...

Something was amiss.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Cyfrin]

"How did this happen!?"

The man looked down at the tablet, handed to him by Alister himself. The General had a grimace on his face as he shifted to the side, leaning on his Omniwrench. He watched as Cyfrin clutched the side of his head, eyes darting across the screen. Numerous individuals were put on leave and dismissed from their posts...what was going on!?

"I never ordered this!" he looked up at The General, "Who did it!?"

"As far as I know, no one that is part of The Council accessed the network for days now..."

"What did Kazandra say?" Cyfrin demanded, "I paid that damned Markazian to make sure none of this happened!"

"She is working on it as we speak." Alister replied, "She is also working on where that unidentified object came from that crashed outside the city."

Cyfrin turned away from the man, clutching the sides of the tablet in a steel-like grip. "I'm not a fool." he seethed, "Someone was on that ship and they are trying to take control of everything I worked so hard to plan!"