[14] Arrival

whew...buckle up my readers! We got a lot going on here!

A little note before you start : I made it so Lombax's have a longer lifespan than we humans do. What they consider adult age is higher. (like 30's-40's) it's not specified, but this is just to let you know the age ranges and who is still considered a kit and who is an adult...

Also, you are going to hear of some familiar places. Keep in mind that this is an alternate reality (universe, even, if that makes it easier for you to understand) things happened differently. So, some things that you see will be familiar, but not exactly the same.

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[XR]

The wrench felt amazing in their hands.

From the worn handle to the small scratches on the metal, it was perfect. This wrench has been to many places and survived many battles. It was powerful in the hands of those who were experienced.

And by analyzing the weapon, they were sure that they could wield it with expertise.

They twirled the wrench in their left hand, walking quietly to the door before opening it as slowly as possible. They stuck their head out, looking down the halls, turning their head left, then right, then back again. The halls were quiet and empty. Perfect for them to sneak around and figure out what they were going to do now.

They flexed their right hand. The forced start-up was a rash decision on their part. There are bound to be a few errors that will come from it. They reminded themselves that they could deal with that when the time comes. Now, it was time to solve a bigger problem.

They walked silently down the hall, pausing whenever they heard an out-of-place sound. Continuing to walk when there was nothing. They came upon the main room fairly quickly, seeing Sigmund hover nearby looking over something in his hands. It seemed to be a circular piece of.....metal? Or something. They didn't really care.

When Sigmund heard their footsteps, he paused, turning around as they got closer and closer. He jumped, startled, before whispering, "XR? Is it really you?"

They nodded, holding up a finger in front of their mouth to get Sigmund to just listen, "Where is Clank?" They asked, voice barely audible. Sigmund looked at them, then to the wrench in their hand, "W-what are you planning to do to him?"

"I just want to talk things out." XR stated dismissively.

Not really...but they didn't want to upset Sigmund.

Sigmund analyzed them, before finally caving, "He is in his lab. I'd knock if I were you." He said, and XR turned to leave.

"Wait!" Sigmund called out, "I have something to give you."

XR looked at him curiously before turning back around' They held out their hands, Sigmund dropping the thing he was analyzing prior. XR looked down at what they just received, looking up to Sigmund for an explanation.

"It was found on General Azimuth's body."

XR looked startled, "B-But Clank told me he was alive!" they paused, looking distraught, "He...He was alive he.."

"XR, he has passed."

All was silent for a moment. XR was trying to deal with their inner turmoil...

"W-What I just gave you is his locket that he dropped when he passed here at the clock..." Sigmund continued.