[17] Book Thieves!

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Ratchet]

[3 weeks later]

This was a terrible idea...

....

He never should have listened to Alice.

"You're a fucking dumbass." He hissed lowly, "You just got us locked in here!" Alice chuckled nervously,

"How was I supposed to know that the door would close behind us like that?"

"I thought you had a freaking key!?"

"I left it outside!"

Ratchet groaned in frustration, looking around in the pitch black, back room of the library. He pulled out his holo-phone, turning on the flashlight and waving it around. There were shelves and shelves of files and books alike, all caked in dust. And to make things worse, dust was floating around in the air too...he clutched his satchel bag close.

"Has no one cleaned this place in centuries?" he asked no one in particular. Alice coughed, "Sure seems that way..."

He stepped forward, it looked like this room went on forever. The other side of the room was completely pitch black, his flashlight not reaching that far.

"This is like the start of a horror movie..." Alice murmured, "Like a haunted.." she gasped, "Oh my gosh what if this place is haunted!?"

Ratchet rolled his eyes, "I'm pretty sure that-"

*Bang!*

"...-It's not haunted..." he moved his phone back and forth, looking for the source of the noise. He couldn't see anything. Alice was practically shivering behind him. "We shouldn't have done this...now a stupid ghost is gonna follow us home and-"

"It's not a ghost!" Ratchet interjected. Alice stomped her foot, "Then what was that because we are the only ones here! I made sure of it!"

They both glared at each other for a while. Ratchet looked away unamused, "Look, let's just get these books and...find a way out of here I guess." he said bitterly, "This would be way easier if someone remembered to bring the key..."

Alice glared at him, "Yeah, well at least I made sure the cameras were off before I even tried to go by the door." she side-eyed him. Ratchet scoffed, "Not my fault you were taking forever to get the spare key."

"Can you just shut up!?" Alice whispered angrily. Ratchet smiled in amusement, "Oh, I don't know. I'm having enough fun just running my mouth."

The white-furred girl just rolled her eyes, "Of course you are..." she said dryly.

They both split and walked down separate hallways, looking at all the dusty books on the shelves, "They're so dusty...I can't even read them!" Ratchet called out, Alice hummed from across the room, "Yeah, what gives!? This place is a dump. Who would even treat books this way!?" she groaned dramatically. Ratchet sighed, continuing with his search. He looked back down at his phone when it vibrated,

*[New Message!]*

Hunter : Gold spine, black binding, gear engraved on the cover, red wax seal on the front left corner of the cover... Replace it with the fake I made you.