[21] Abandon

There is a very, very tiny movie reference in here. It has been my favorite movie since I was a child. Anyone that points it out will get a virtual cookie from me ---> (::)

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[The Night Before]

[Ratchet]

Ratchet opened and shut the door quietly, making sure to lock it behind him as he looked around the empty living room.

"Hunter?"

He waited for a response and was about to call out again until he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. He looked over to see Hunter, carrying the Council's official book with him. The older Lombax looked up at him, "Kaz was able to get your message out early. For some odd reason they sent the cargo ships out early..." Hunter informed him, "They usually don't do that."

"Do you think somethings up?" Ratchet asked. Hunter just sighed, "No, not really. It happens once in a while."

Ratchet nodded at this, watching as Hunter opened the book once more, "I tried to find out more about this dimensional map you told me about a while ago." Hunter started, "If they have a person like Kaden Callisto doing it, then it has to be something serious.". At this, Ratchet raised a brow, "Well, it's obvious by now that it connects to me." he grimaced, "The question is what they want to use it for."

"True.." Hunter mused in thought, "Then again, with the war picking up, maybe they want to leave to protect themselves and the people."

"Then what does that have to do with me?"

"Not sure." Hunter tapped his chin, "Maybe you coming here was what gave them the idea. Or maybe..." he trailed off, "I don't know, to be honest."

Ratchet huffed, rolling his eyes, "Y'know, for a very well-known and powerful race, The Council is just full of cowards...". Hunter chuckled at that, "They do seem that way, now that I think about it."

Hunter was silent as he opened up to one of the pages in the back, "They don't have much of a description on it..." Hunter said, "I can't read a lot."

Ratchet nodded in understanding, "So what should we do now? Our plan of finding out who my new stalker is, is not working out." he frowned, "We're getting nowhere and I am running out of time."

Hunter hissed under his breath, lightly banging his fist on the kitchen table, "We have all this information and nowhere to start anymore."

"Then we should be the ones to start it." Ratchet offered, "Go up to The Council and-"

"That's a suicide mission." Hunter interjected, "You'd be locked up, interrogated, and probably put in isolation."

"You would be too, since you're helping me and all." Ratchet shot back, "And I reckon that I would be able to get out of their grasp within a few days." He added on, sounding cocky and smiling devilishly. Hunter just shook his head in exasperation,

"You underestimate The Council, Ratchet."

Ratchet just smirked, "Really? Because I think The Council underestimates me instead."

Hunter rolled his own eyes this time, "Yeah, sure. Whatever you say.:. Ratchet glared at him, and even though Hunter had his back turned, he could practically feel Ratchet's eyes glaring into his soul.