[34] Embrace

Hello!

I'll admit, this one goes pretty slow, but I figured that I can't breeze past this part. Consider it a little break. (Or an info dump...However, the information is important I promise!)

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Phoebe]

She pressed a cold rag on Clank's forehead, humming a small tune.

She was finally able to drag her stubborn husband to bed almost an hour ago. He was running himself ragged and she refused to let him go on any longer. She was fully capable of taking care of Clank, so Kaden didn't need to worry about the boy while he was resting. Not like Phoebe minded.

She was determined to take care of her two boys.

Ever since they managed to bring Clank back home, the robot has been running a fever (well, the robot's equivalent of one) and everyone was worried about it. They didn't know what was going on and...and it's been 2 days already with no improvement!

2 days with no movement. No sound. Nothing! 2 days of just waiting. Waiting for that movement. Waiting for that sound. Waiting for any indication at all that the boy was okay...

But there was nothing so far...

She rubbed her arms as the chill of the garage made her sliver just a bit. They tried everything from cooling compresses to soaked rags and she considered just filling the tub up with ice and dropping the boy in, even if he was ridiculously heavy and would be a hassle to get up the stairs...

She was almost at the point where she would do anything to wake the boy up...

She pulled the rag back after a few minutes, grimacing when she realized that it was already warm. Hopefully the cooling compress in the freezer was finally ready for her to use. It seemed like this "fever" was still rising, much to her dismay...

"I'll be back, Clank." she said, not expecting any sort of response, "You sit tight!"

She turned around to go fetch the cooling compress again, exiting the garage in a hurry, as if Clank was going to get up and walk out in the seconds she was gone...

But instead, Clank's left hand twitched ever so slightly, trying to grab onto something that wasn't there...

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Clank]

<Opening Personal Data Bank. . .>

. . .

<Done!>

. . .

[Downloading. . .Please Wait]

Clank gasped, opening his eyes and lifting his head to take in the world around him.

It was practically colorless. The only thing he could make out was the dark void way above his head.

What was going on...?

He looked to the left, and then the right, until he finally looked down at his feet. It appeared that he was standing on...nothing? It was white yet...solid? He couldn't tell. The most peculiar part was his body.