[27] Turning Point

Sorry for the wait, finals caught up with me...In this you have all POVs, please read through them all. Important things happen.

As a side note, Nova's POV is set a bit in the past. Clank and Ratchet have both had small time skips. You'll see when you get to those parts...

*Also, this is a very intense chapter, and it is very long. And by long, I mean it. This is the longest chapter to date, totaling at 12325 WORDS WITHOUT AUTHOR'S NOTES. Oh my...

I recommend you sit and have your favorite drink and maybe a snack. This chapter is heavy.

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Oliver]

He was unaware of how much time had passed.

Staring out the window continuously only made him feel worse. It was like he was waiting for something that would never come, no matter how much he wanted it to.

But his brother was strong, right? He would come back, right? Did The Council decide to...get rid of him? No...that couldn't be, right?

Ugh...he didn't know. He just hoped that he would come back soon, because what was he supposed to do with the Official book now that his brother was gone? He didn't know where to even start at this point. Everything has been so messed up lately...everything started to blur together and he couldn't make any sense of it...

But instead of thinking about these things, he continued to do what his brother told him to do. Stay, and be quiet.

He held the book to his chest as the time went on, silently counting the minutes he had been waiting there...

24 minutes.

Just....how long did he have to wait until he called it-

*Creeeek...*

He perked up, left ear rising as he heard the front door open. It could have been anyone. His mother, his father, Arthur, or...someone else.

He tightened his hold on the book as the footsteps got closer and closer to his bedroom door, holding his breath as-

*knock**knock*

"Ollie?" a whisper.

It was Arthur.

With a sigh of relief, Oliver set the book down and went to open the door. Once he did, he looked up at his brother, who looked stressed. Oliver frowned,

"What happened?"

Without replying, Arthur stepped forward and entered the room, Oliver closing the door behind him quietly as he waited for his older brother to finally speak.

"It was just...an update." he kept his voice low, barely audible. "It was about Ratchet."

"What!? What is it!?" Oliver questioned, "Is he okay!? Is he-"

"He is...alive at least." Arthur grumbled, "I don't know the fine details of the situation, but I was ordered to keep it hushed. That, and I had to keep an eye on you."

"Me? Why?"

"Because The Council knows that you were associated with him. So if he knows something, they assume you do too." Arthur shook his head, exhausted, "They want to make sure that you aren't up to something." Oliver scoffed, sitting next to his brother on the bed, "Fucking assholes..." he muttered angrily, "I just...why do they want him so badly?"